Parker Ballistic Extreme 275

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesheba

Reaction score
Harvested my first buck with this projectile last Friday.Previous deer I've taken have been with power belts and barnes TMZ's.The power belts knocked them down pronto but I was not happy with them at the range.The barnes although extremely accurate seemed to pass through with little blood trail.Although I found the animals I wondered if I missed as I seached the woods.The advice I had gotten was to shoot the shoulder for better knock down.The other avice was to try the Parkers.Put simply,if you hit the vitals they ain't going far!What a devestating bullet to the vitals!I highly recommend them if you have had some of my experiences. I'm a believer!

Nice buck...congrats....
I have seen similar performance out of the Barnes....no blood trial...I hate to aim for the shoulder as I do like to fill the freezer. I like to think of myself as a double lung and let em' run guy but I do like to follow what I hit. I'm going back to the range to try the harvester scorpion 300gr. that I've had good luck w/ before.
JOHN

Where are you shooting the animals currently? I've never had an issue blood trailing an animal with a pass through shot...

jesheba said:
Harvested my first buck with this projectile last Friday.Previous deer I've taken have been with power belts and barnes TMZ's.The power belts knocked them down pronto but I was not happy with them at the range.The barnes although extremely accurate seemed to pass through with little blood trail.Although I found the animals I wondered if I missed as I seached the woods.The advice I had gotten was to shoot the shoulder for better knock down.The other avice was to try the Parkers.Put simply,if you hit the vitals they ain't going far!What a devestating bullet to the vitals!I highly recommend them if you have had some of my experiences. I'm a believer!

YES!!! :yeah:

I simply gave up on all other bullets! If your gun shoots the 275 BE accurately you are set. The bullet is designed to enhance hydrostatic shock and WOW does it ever!

I guess because I mostly bow hunt I just can't seem to put the sights on the shoulder??? Double lung has always worked with an arrow and I believe a bullet should do the same? These Parkers are like an explosion inside the thorax.

jesheba, congrats on your buck! Glad to hear the PBE's worked well for you, as I'm heading to Kansas next week and my Endeaver will have 275 grain PBE's stuffed down the barrel. Consistently the most accurate bullet I have used on paper, I just started shooting them this summer and have not shot them at game yet, so I'm glad the terminal performance is good!
In front of 105 grains of BH 209, 2" high at 100 yards, 2.5" low at 150.

Anyone use the 250 grain PBE's? It seem like the 275's get all the love.

I prefer the 275's at smokeless speeds or at bow range.

250's are fine for black powder equivalents and their lower muzzle velocity as they are deadly from my Encore!

With BH 209 you will win with both, 275's are a good bit tougher.

Just my opinion!

Doohan, does your Encore have a preference between the 250's and 275's or is accuracy similar?

I should mention for those interested in the Parkers Extreme I found them accurate out of the box but really improved the groups by trying different grains of BH-209 and different sabots.I settled on 90 grains of powder and Harvester short black sabots.I shoot a ProHunter.I shoot prairie dogs with a .22-250 and with all my rifles I'm not happy until my bullet holes are touching(more than occasionally) at the range.Certainly more accurate than one needs for deer,but thats just me!These Parkers can do it!Work with them.

jesheba, same for me.

I toss the factory supplied sabots, which are MMP I believe, and replace them with the short black Harvester sabots. They seem to be the preferred sabot for many T/C's.

And yes, playing with many different BH 209 charges, one can certainly dial in the Parkers. Groups average 1.5" with 110 grains in my Endeavor, drop down to 105 grains and I get 3 shot groups under 1" , usually with two touching.

Back