Hornady XTP prices

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
In the past i have bought the bullets and sabots in bulk but i think it almost as cheap just to get them from here . What do you guys think !! 20 bullets and sabots for that price doesn't seem that bad . Before i would buy the sabot on line then get the bullet here in town BUT since someone got elected they don't have any around here so i would have to pay shipping on them also . This bullet and Hornady sabot have always shot great in my Encore.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?p ... ber=987441

You might want to check out Midsouth.

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/

Still cheeper buying bulk, IMO. I figure it cost me less then 35.00 for a 100ct bullets + sabots. I beleive MMP makes the sabot for Hornady combo. The other option is you can get the Harvester sabots instead. These load a bit easier in my Encore.

Gander Mountain has the 240Gr. XTP with sabot 30 pack for 12.99 with free shipping on their website. No 300Gr. though.

UtahRob

Still do not understand why you would not buy the bullet in bulk and the sabots for your bore separately?

Bullet prices are going up, even sabot prices are but it seems to me that the pre-packaged deals have always been more expensive than the bulk route.

Chasam60

I have not shot the bullet you indicated. I have shot the .40/180 grain Gold Dot and it is to short for a 1/28 twist - seems to shoot fairly well in a 1/48 twist.

I would believe that the 165 grain would be way to short to stablize properly... from a 1/28 twist

sabotloader said:
Chasam60

I have not shot the bullet you indicated. I have shot the .40/180 grain Gold Dot and it is to short for a 1/28 twist - seems to shoot fairly well in a 1/48 twist.

I would believe that the 165 grain would be way to short to stablize properly... from a 1/28 twist
that makes sense it was just a thought thanks

Charlie

At the moment, I can't find 300 grain 50 / box XTP's in stock. That includes Bass Pro and Scheels in Des Moines plus Midway and Midsouth.
Cob

Corncob said:
At the moment, I can't find 300 grain 50 / box XTP's in stock. That includes Bass Pro and Scheels in Des Moines plus Midway and Midsouth.
Cob

Me either !!!

The XTP Mag bullet are easy to find , Good luck finding the non-mag XTP bullets. All three of our local stores carried them before the election . They cant get the 300 grains right now . Cabela's is also on back order for the non-mag .

I inquired at Hornady regarding the "out-of-stock" status at most retailers. They responded that .452 XTP 300 grainers will ship in the next 30-60 days.

Best regards,
Cob

Same thing they told me.......kind of vague, I thought.

I have several boxes of Hornady .452 300gr XTP Mags. If you guys need some.

mcrik

Twist = 150 X D2/L
Where:
D = bullet diameter in inches
L= bullet length in inches
150 = a constant
.7 to .85 of an inch is what I would recommend for a 1 in 28 twist.
Since the 180gr GD shoots well in my 1-38 twist the shorter bullet might work in a 1-48 twist
If I was going to try to find a sabot bullet to shoot in a PRB twist thats the area I would look in. Lee

Back