Millet Angle-Loc Rings Help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up a set of these to mount a 4 x 32 scope on an Omega muzzleloader. Although I like the build of these rings, one thing that has me concerned are the grooves on the inside of the rings. Look at this pic:

turnin1.jpg

My concern is that those grooves will mark up my scope. The rings did come with some paper like material that I think is for lining the rings but I was hoping someone here had some experience with these.

Steve,

I have never installed them but I did buy a used gun that had them on it. I do believe the rings did have some tape like material in them. Either way the internal rings are no more likely to scratch the scope than any other design. In fact it is usually the edges and in particular the corners of where the rings meet that will scratch scopes.

That all being said, I replaced the rings as soon as I got that gun. For me, unless there is a reason they can't be used, I always install quality quick release rings. Either Warne or Talleys are generally my choice.

Given all of the money we spend on scopes, guns and ammo it just makes no sense to scrimp on rings. Get the best pair you can afford and they will last you a lifetime.

JC

Back