Pro Hunter Encore vs Triumph..choice help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cordwood

Reaction score
Im trying to decide between these to MLs. I appreciate any feedback Anybody can give on the pro's n con's between the two.

Pro Hunter Encore w/ thumbhole stock ..model No.3964 the 3rd one down
http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/proHunte ... oaders.php

and the Triumph model No.8504
http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/triumph.php

Both have a 28" barrel...both have some recoil padding. The Triumph has a 3 lb trigger...im not sure about the Encores trigger #. I think both have the speed breech.

The Encore probably costs more...not sure how much, but if you had the choice, which would you buy? ...and any reasons why? ...is one anymore accurate than the other? Thanks!

Anything TC

I would get off the internet and go throw these to your shoulder for fit. TC has different stck configs, but you have to be comforatable.
1. You get the TC customer service w/ both.
2. Pro/Encore can be configured to shoot Center,rim and shotgun, Triumph is ML only.
3. Both will be accurate if you work w/ different loads bullets etc.
4. Read back on these forums for more info on both.
5. Trigger pull on the Pro is faxtory set at 4-5 (Ithink) but that can be worked on. Bellim can assist.
6. I like break action for ease of cleaning.

The Encore is more expensive but has more capabilities. I chose the Pro Hunter based on my desire to have one shooting platform that can be changed to different configs. I liked the feel of it vs. the Triumph and Omega. I could not find a knight to shoulder. I also got a Thunbhole w/ stainless steel. deer only see B&W,

Good Luck and Hunt Safe!

I have never shot a Triumph, but the PH is simply awesome. The Triumph would be my second choice however, the speed breech will spoil you with cleaning... you can't go wrong with these two TC's. Come to think of it, it's hard to go wrong with any TC... :wink:

cordwood, note that triumphs are on sale thru cabelas at the moment. shipping is on sale ($4.95 flat). and it comes w/ a free fixed blade knife. i have already fallen victim. :roll: :roll: actually the one i just ordered will probably be for sale w/in the next month or so.

just click this link, its in the bargain cave

Cordwood

IMO and remmember this is just my oppenion TC makes fairly good poducts . TC speed Breech Junk - Tc QLA JUNK - TC Accuracy Junk
So if I were you this is what I would do I would buy both of them and the one that you don't like you can just box it up and Send it right over to me !lol

And on a more serious note TC dose make some fine rifles if I were you I would go and Handle both guns see witch sholders the best for you yes the Encore is going to run you probbably $150 - $200 more than the Triumph but you will have more choises whith it than with the Triumph
It all really boils down to how they feel and handle to you and you alone >
and what you are planning on shooting threw them both guns great sabot shooters = Conicals no way !
I would also look at the Knight KRB7 & the Disc Extreme Both of these are Awsome shooters and shoot sabots and Conicals with super Accuracy.

Ron

I can't believe any one would try to even compare those two rifles.

I have a Pro Hunter and the Pro Hunter is Twice the gun the Triumph is. Guys...you get what ya pay for. Remember the Triumph is Thompson Centers shot at the low to mid price market.

If you want JUST a muzzle loader, buy a Triumph or better yet an Omega. The Omega s shoot awesome. I am a Knight fan as you all know...but TC is a class act.

Triumph all the way. Most accurate gun I have ever owned period. That includes my centerfire rifles. It shoots consistant overlapping gaps at 100 yrds and 1 inch groups at 150. I had kicked around different ML to buy this year and after shooting Knight's, other T/C, this was the best in my opinion. Here in NM I need a rifle that will put me to 200 yards.

As for the speed breech... i can take mine off by hand, and have never had a problem with it.

Oh and if you do get one, save yourslef some money and throw on a BSA scope. Some of you may laugh, but they offer a tough scope and one you wont be afraid to drag through the scrubs. Great glass, just doesnt have the fancy lens coatings.

I did forget to mention... Lungbuster was right about the conicals and sabots. My triumph is erratic when you put conicals down it. My best shots were with Barnz 295 gr tmz and two 777 mag pellets. Based off Barnz ballistics that come with the bullets, when I compared the bullet drop at differnt yardages, it was shooting around 2300 fps. This obviously isnt from a chrono, but feel this is a fairly accurate assumption.

Back