the cops got some guys.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strong eagle

Reaction score
the cops got some guys.

went to rapid city today with my wife and son. bought him a college car. a 10 year old chrysler with only 80 thousand miles on it. all hiway miles and very very little city miles. looks brand new. thats not the post. left my old pick up on the rez and we took my wifes car to rapid. 135 mile trip one way.on the way back just south of the rez in a canyon their was at least 15 to 20 hiway patrol cars parked by a little old cowboy church. they knew of a big drug move to the rez and cornered the car in that canyon. they are going away for a long long time. you all out their would love the country around this bust. high pine covered ridges  and a deep canyon and a little white cowboy church that is way over a 100 years old.it doesnt get nicer than that place. my son and i have taken many a deer within a mile of this place. lots of elk their too. those hiway patrol people was on those drug transporters like gangbusters. good to see the bad guys get caught.    P.S. can anybody tell me about chryslers, never owned one. it sure seems like a nice car with very low milage. its fully loaded.

Re: the cops got some guys.

" P.S. can anybody tell me about chryslers, never owned one. it sure seems like a nice car with very low milage. its fully loaded."

I owned a '56 Dodge that was good.After that a '72 Dodge Power Wagon that snapped U-joints like they were pretzels every time I used the 4WD.
Then was a '96 Caravan that Dodge had to buy back due to the lemon law. 
Now my wife has a Dodge Grand Caravan that is in the shop at least once a month.

My daughter had a Chrysler Sebring that literally fell apart .. no kidding. The fender fell off the left front and I had to use zip ties to hold it together until she could get home. A month later the rear wheel fell off due to a cracked hub.

In other words, my advice would be to get a refund. Chrysler is now owned by Fiat and I've had 2 of those. They were worse than the Dodges.

Pray a lot.

I have a 2007 Chrysler town and country that has almost 200 thousand on it. No major repairs other than when my wife used it to take a deer one night. I usually run Chevrolet trucks, got the Chrysler from my Dad when He quit driving.

My 3/4 ton 71 Dodge 4x4 has a 318 engine, I rebuilt it once and it is still going strong with 386,000 miles on it.

No u-joint problems.

John

John Neslen said:
My 3/4 ton 71 Dodge 4x4 has a 318 engine, I rebuilt it once and it is still going strong with 386,000 miles on it.

No u-joint problems.

John
 Glad to hear it, John. Mine had a 318 also. I never had engine problems just U-joints.

We can not really compare 1970s VS 2018 mopar guys lol.

My nephew has owned ( all brand new except for one ) 2014 ( new ) dodge dart. great car, rides rough, good MPG and comfy inside. 2015 dodge challenger ( used ) excellent car inside and out, smooth ride, great mpg. He bought a brand new off the show room floor 2017 dodge challenger RT and that sucker is sweet. Never any issues with the cars he has owned.

My ex girl friends sister works for dodge and when i met her, she said she personally would not own anything build before 2008 as they were doing some real shoddy work on them and were not engineering them to last.

One complaint I have about that '17 challenger is 4th gear. Its completely gutless for the next couple of minutes as it starts to wind up. His '15 challenger even with a v6 had a lot more pull through all of the years ( 8 speed auto vs 6 speed manual) It constantly kept the rpm up high and pulling.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1i0ch6IcBU0" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

well i hope that it lasts. it looks well built and has a good record. we will see. thanks for the input.

We have had 4 PT Cruisers and been ver happy with all of them, we still have our last one, and we ver sorry that Chrysler quit on them.  I will be keen to get a Jeep Wrangler pick up when they get around to releasing them down under.

Many Mopars for cars they were a '57 Plymouth, then'59 Dodge D500 - (AHRA/NHRA national record holder), a '65 Dodge Cornet (another AHRA/NHRA national record holder), '69 Dodge 'Six-Pack' car - (AHRA/NHRA/IHRA national record holder many many times), '70 Dodge Challenger (NHRA national record holder) - all very fast, trouble free vehicles. For trucks I have owned only 3-4 Dodges 3/4 and 1 ton trucks to pull drag race cars, mechanically they were fine, comfort and noise were another issue on the early ones. My biggest problem was always trying to find special performance parts.

heelerau said:
We have had 4 PT Cruisers and been ver happy with all of them, we still have our last one, and we ver sorry that Chrysler quit on them.  I will be keen to get a Jeep Wrangler pick up when they get around to releasing them down under.

Morning bud,

I'll let you take my new (to me) TJ wrangler for a spin, its a stupid amount of fun! :)

Back