The British and coming, the British and coming

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonE

Reaction score
A little fun this morning with 5 shots, .54 cal PRB, experimenting with the red/white pillow ticking which is 0.015 thickness, I have been using the blue/white pillow ticking that is 0.018
haven't seen any issues with accuracy differences between the two.

The Brithish were coming (1).jpg

at the state range in my state, they stopped the shooting at silowet targets also. I guess that they thought that people were preparing to do harm to humans?

Lucky I live in Montana, the state gravel pit has not target rules other than no house hold junk like refrigerators, TV and computers etc. The NMLRA has smooth bore targets that are set up and look like British solders at Friendship Ind. Even at our local indoor ranges here, B-27 silhouette targets in various colors are used with no issues.
Red Coat Target.png

at the state range in my state, they stopped the shooting at silowet targets also. I guess that they thought that people were preparing to do harm to humans?
This is how stupidity starts and ends. That little bullseye on a target can be a head, heart, lung, or whatever you want it to be. Pretty soon you will just have to use a blank piece of paper 🤪 🤣

oh, those poor trees. getting killed, pulped up, made into paper...just so you can shoot them! what did those poor trees ever do to you? think of the seedlings! rofl
Ok, tell you what, I do agree with you. Instead of paper, let's just use the metal signs like stop signs, caution signs, road signs, etc. Seen on Smokie & The Bandit and Funny Farm. They are all easily attainable🤣🤣😂.

After I was a Buffalo Soldier, many years later I worked for the Colorado Department of Transportation. Changed out a lot of signs that looked like Swiss cheese!

NW Arkansas; my local gun range (ran by our property owners association) has no issues with any type of paper target, just no cans, glass, etc.
Every once in awhile you can still find folks with common sense. I'm not a fan of POA's or HOA's, but yours sound like one of the good ones. Congratulations.

Every once in awhile you can still find folks with common sense. I'm not a fan of POA's or HOA's, but yours sound like one of the good ones. Congratulations.
That's because most of the big money in town belong to the trap and skeet range and they can't shut one down without shutting the other down. We also have 5+ golf courses, they sure would make nice shooting ranges or lakes.

That's because most of the big money in town belong to the trap and skeet range and they can't shut one down without shutting the other down. We also have 5+ golf courses, they sure would make nice shooting ranges or lakes.
I sure do agree about those golf courses. I have never seen a bigger waste of land than a golf course, solar farm, and wind farm!!! They could all put that land to a more productive use.

Got to comment on the pic of the girl shooting.
Shooting right eye dominant with a left hand cross hold?

Latest posts

Back