Modern Muzzleloader Fall Shoot !

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Okay guys the Indiana shoot last spring was a big success. In celebration of our new board I thought I would suggest a shoot for this fall and include all registered members, not just the smokeless crowd. I think this should be held in Indiana, Illinois, or Ohio as we have a great deal of members centrally located here. I will not be able to host this at the range we used this spring, but I will talk to the owner of the new range I have been using and see if it works out there. So right now I will try to be the host, however if it does not work out, please be thinking about where we could have it.
Rifleman

Cool R-man.

My local range only has 2 shooting benches.. but 10+ trap stations and a little club house.. 100/200 yd mounds

Too small?

Before the spring shoot I was thinking that I had a good area for something like this. In fact I posted that I would be willing to have a shoot, but after the spring shoot I realized that my range is not good for over 3 or 4 people to safely shoot. A large groop shooting across a pasture with cattle walking around in it just aint a good idea. A small group of 3-4 with only 1 person shooting at a time and the others being spotters is fine.

HighTechRedneck said:
Before the spring shoot I was thinking that I had a good area for something like this. In fact I posted that I would be willing to have a shoot, but after the spring shoot I realized that my range is not good for over 3 or 4 people to safely shoot. A large groop shooting across a pasture with cattle walking around in it just aint a good idea. A small group of 3-4 with only 1 person shooting at a time and the others being spotters is fine.

Your right about that. Send the cow's home first. :wink:

HighTechRedneck said:
A large groop shooting across a pasture with cattle walking around in it just aint a good idea.

Any idea what they score? :?:

The range I have in mind has enough room to shoot about 10 guys on line at a time, we would have to bring some portable benchs though as we have 2 permanents one of which is mine! Nah You know I dont do a lot of shootin at these cause I have safety duty etc. Anyway it is a good setup for pistol training and has some clay target throwers etc. It would handle a goup of 20 or so. But I still gotta talk to the guy, so we will see.
I was thinking though, is it legal to have a live old fashioned turkey shoot? I was thinking a 100 yards offhand for head shots, sorta thing.

Latest posts

Back