Loose Bore Savage

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyzink

Reaction score
I have four 10ml11, 3 of the four are tight bore great shooters, the last one and newest of the four has a very loose bore, my other three just love N120 with just about any sabot combination, I can not even use the N120 in the loose bore gun it will not fire, is there a bullet sabot combination out there that will tighten this gun up?

billy...
I've always considered my Savage to have a loose bore. I use .458 bullets with Harvester Black Crushed Sabots with good results. Good snug fit and will shoot any powder I put in it. Make sure and seat the bullet firmly followed by a couple raps on the ramrod and you should be good to go. If that sabot combo is too loose try it with a Red Crushed Rib Sabot. Some knurl their bullets with files to snug things up also. Good luck
Zen

Panhandle offered solid advice. Some also say that 5744 powder ignites better even on a bit of a loose bore but the best answer is to get the combination that loads with adequate pressure.

Latest posts

Back