Tc Scout 54 Cal.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdf77

Reaction score
Looking to maybye have my dads 54 Tc scout barrel re lined. Anyone know who may be able to do this? Not in a hurry, probably after the first of the year. Or would I be better off trying to find a new barrel?
Thanks!

You may be better off finding a good used barrel on the Internet, guys I know that do rebarreling are pretty pricey, liners aren't cheap either today.

E-bay usually has a lot of Thompson stuff listed.

You can try this guy. He's not always easy to get ahold of on the phone. Keep trying. He can do anything to a barrel. Including building what you want from scratch.

Bobby Hoyt

717 642-6696

Thanks guys, will check out those leads! Hate to say it, but I missed a big ole doe yesterday.

:shooter: :face: :x :roll: 
I've done it...we all miss sooner or later.   Figure out why you missed and go hunting :)  again cdf77.

Must have bumped the rear sight, was shooting a foot low at 30 yards! Lol Fixed now, gonna be 28 degrees this s Saturday morning here in Nc. Hopefully make some smoke!

At those temps,you'll have to wait half an hour  to see what you shot at. Nothing like smoke and steam.

if you call Bobby Hoyt make sure to call early say 8-9 am maybe earlier as when he starts up his machines he very seldom answers the phone, this is what he told me.

I've had several barrels re-bored from .54 to .58 cal by Mr. Hoyt.  Excellent work!  I highly recommend!

Back