Traditions Crockett 32 cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinbrian

Reaction score
I'm SO right on the verge of ordering a Traditions Crockett rifle from Midsouth. I've done a search of this forum and notice that a couple of y'all have them. I also searched a Traditional Muzzleloader forum and several guys were saying that the Crockett's design is flawed in that it will catch and hold the patched jag when wiping the bore. Hvae you guys had this problem? If so, wouldn't a patch on a brush solve the problem? thanks.
Also, to any Crockett owners/users, have ya got a few words, good or bad, to say about the Crockett. Thanks. Kevin

The idea of loosing a jag.. if you have a good loading/cleaning jag that should not be a problem. As for if you loose a jag.. a patch worm will pull that right out of the barrel. I do not own a .32 rifle like that but I would have no fear of owning or shooting one.

Today my first day at the range with my Crockett. :D I told the wife I would not be gone long, well 3.5 hours later I returned home. What a fun shooting muzzleloader. I was impressed with the fit and finish considering its a mass produced muzzleloader. But what surprised me the most today was the accuracy of the Crockett .32. Right out of the box it was shooting great. I was shooting up peices of clay pigions at 50 yards all afternoon. I am not worried about sighting it in accurately untill after I shoot about 100 round balls through it. Then the barrel will be settled in.
As far as a jag getting cought and possibly gettin stuck, I did not experiance any problems like that. Loading, cleaning no problems at all. I will be very honest, I would buy another one in a heart-beat. I am that impressed with the Crockett. Excellent first muzzleloader for a kid or adult for that matter.

I have to admit that I can feel a patched jag catch a little bit down by the nipple...certainly nothing major. No problem for me. Some folks can find problems with anything. Nice shooting little rifle. 8)

Back