Need the latest in crossbows

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spitpatch

Reaction score
Check this out

http://www.scorpyd.com/

The inventor Jim Kemp is from my home town, and has started a new company based around his new invention...the reverse draw crossbow.

I shot one yesterday and it is sooooo not like shooting any crossbow you have ever shot before....!!!

Horton tried to steal his design, but they never sold ONE.
They are being sued...

As with Knight rifles Iowa has some creative talent for sure.

Michigan just joined the crossbow nation; it's not quite full inclusion but for those of us over 50 it might as well be.

I don't know if I will buy one but I do like the idea of reverse draw technology and the longer power stoke. The Sorpyd is one of the two bows that feature this.

Any idea what this crossbow sells for?

You said it was one of two with reverse draw tech.....who is the other?

$1000 - $1100 MSR

I guess I heard somewhere maybe $950+ Not sure...

Locally I was told $1100............

Check out the price of a Ten Point!!!!! They are even more!

This bow SMOKES a TEN POINT!!!!

100+ lbs. and over 400 fps!!! Talk about efficiency....

It recoils back into your shoulder as a shoulder mounted bow should!
NOT forward as all other crossbows...

They are 100% LESS explosive at the shot as standard crossbows and the sound is like a whisper quite compound bow. Simply awesome!!!

YOU SIMPLY MUST TRY THIS CROSSBOW!!

After shooting you will wonder why anyone would EVER AGAIN buy a conventional crossbow!!! Those of you that have or have shot cross bows will know where I am coming from.

Chuck?....You NEED on e of THESE!!
Do a report!!
Kill a Hog with one!

I will even set you up with Jimmy Kemps phone number.

This bow is innovative...it even has a stock that folds in half so you don't crush your chest when cocking it. Those of you that have Xbows know what I mean.

Horton make a similar crossbow; here's a link.
http://www.crossbow.com/recon175

I really didn't want another bow but you are making it hard to say no. I may be giving your buddy a call to see who may have one in Michigan that I can try out.

FYI on the NEW Michigan crossbow regulations:

By anyone over 50 or older during the Oct. 1- Nov.14 bow deer season statewide.

By any hunter age 12 and older during ANY hunting season in Zone 3 (southern Michigan), including the bow hunting season.

During any season in which a firearm may be used, for both big and small game statewide.

Crossbows used for hunting are restricted to no more than 350 feet per second.

Crossbow hunters are required by state law to wear hunter orange while hunting. The DNR will pursue changes to modify the hunter orange law for crossbow hunters.

A crossbow stamp will be required in addition to hunting liscenses for those using crossbows. The stamp, which is fre, will help the DNR monitor and survey crossbow hunters over the next three years.

The regulations have a three-year sunset. Crossbow hunters will be surveyed over the next three years and regulations will then be re-evaluated by the DNR and tne NRC.

The crossbow changes do not affect hunters with disabilities who are currently hunting under the authority of a DNR-issued crossbow permit.

Latest posts

Back