Let's Lighten the Mood

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
frontier gander said:
same thing happened to us 2 days ago ( it snowed for 2 days straight) For a couple months now all we've had was 60 and 70* weather and then one last big snow storm. Cant complain, we needed the moisture. Just helps my small food plots.

Oh yes! I know exactly what you are talking about. :lol:

What do you plant for your food plots? I've always wondered what beside alfalfa would grow good here.

this year i tore up the ground and put down a lot of crap ( yes crap) I will let the wild grasses take over and then around mid to late august i am going to plant Oats. I want a late season crop. This is my first time so it will be a learning experience.

try www.wildlifeseeds.com/info/usazonemap.html

Theres a huuuuuuge list of stuff you can plant during such time of the year. Looks like you and i both are in zone 5

50lb bag of oats is only $12 so i figured i get a couple hundred pounds and hit those first time plots hard.

Global Warming Threatens Michigan Upper Peninsula

Yeah, it's been a warm and langorous spring around here too. This is what it looked like this morning:

snowdeck.jpg
[/img]

Played Church,one wedding cerimony and 1 reception right on the Ocean yesterday,beautiful

I was out to camp on Saturday and the snow was still well above my knees in the woods. The open fields were still 80% snow covered but that was until we got another 8" of snow yesterday. Come on spring.

Saxman

Played Church,one wedding cerimony and 1 reception right on the Ocean yesterday,beautiful

Great! you just made my morning!!! and it came early this morning as we havethe grand kids here... they are on spring break and we are cheaper than the regular babysitter @ home.

I really dislike this time of year. Not much to do. I started some spring yard cleaning, cutting up downed trees and such on saturday and now we are expecting about 8 in. of snow today and overnight. I cant wait till may to hunt turkey and get in the boat. It's driving me nuts.

saxman1 said:

I'm sure Spit's urinal hose was there somewhere.... 8)

Back