Take care guys!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
We're heading out now! Camp is all set up but we had to make 2 trips to bring up the ATV's. Its windy but the temp is cool so thats okay for now.

We finished rebuilding the upper end on one of the ATV's this morning and its running like a champ now and not smoking!

Good luck to those hunting Colorado.

Can't wait to hear the hunting stories!!! good luck...

Well, we're back! Weather rained on us like nuts! Out of 4 tags, i was the only one to fill my doe tag.

My dad and brother on the 3rd day ran into a 24-26" wide muley on the 3rd day ( i was up in unit 36 - they were in 84!! 7 hour drive for me between hunting units) My dad didnt have the range finder as i was using it for the few days up north. He figured that big muley was around 100-125ish yards and shot for the heart. A day and a half later i hit it with the range finder and it turned out to be 170 yards. Under shot!

After that the only deer we saw were doe and my dad had a buck tag. He went home empty.

My brother and i hit elk heaven until we found out where they were. We wern't able to get to the main heard due to the stuff they were in. On the 7th day of the hunt, my brother and i did get in on a bull. We got within 60 yards and i captured it on video ( Im not sure if we can see the bull in the video yet) We just got home around 9:30pm. This computer screen looks weird!

My brother went home empty.

On the same day we got in on the bull, we all went down to camp for some lunch and a nap. Late evening we did some road hunting and figured on sitting on a hill. As i was backing up the ATV i slammed on the breaks, looked through my Bino and there on the hill that my brother and dad were sitting on was the most beautiful chocolate brown bear i have ever seen! Then to shock me even more, out came another one!! I put the sneak on and when i figured i was safe, i leaned out from behind a tree and shot the bear with the range finder. SOB whats going on? Im holding the button! Holding and holding and holding. After 20 second i get a reading of 159 yards. Perfect! Pull the hammer back on the Accura and lean out around the tree and i see the ass end of the second bear wobbling over the other side of the mountain. I was sick to my stomach over that range finder screwing me over like that. It took to long to get the reading and it blew my shot at taking my first bear. It was still an amazing experience and i will always remember that big chocolate bear.

I did however take my doe on the second day way up north with a custom tip powerbelt. Stay tuned for that post!

Back