tags acquired....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muzzleloader48

Reaction score
Me and my sons just got our deer tags....(2)doe, (1)buck....ayyiyiyiyi...addibba...addibba
Now let's see how we do for elk tags....
speedy2.jpg

Me and my sons just got our deer tags....(2)doe, (1)buck....ayyiyiyiyi...addibba...addibba
Now let's see how we do for elk tags....
View attachment 3491
UPDATE: Me and Stan got our cow elk tags today> Jon was unsuccessful for his bull tag. But he can apply for the secondary draw on June 16th. Keeping our fingers crossed! Anyway that's 3 deer and 2 elk tag, so far!

Congratulations on your drawing one some good tags. I used to put in for Muzzleloader in SW CO around Dolores where I hunted up on Lone Cone mountain. Got a tag in 92, took a small bull and I have been hunting there since with primitive archery gear.
Just got confirmation that my two hunting partners and I drew for Archery, either sex and antlerless tags in Unit 5, West Central Kansas. Made a new Osage Selfbow to take on this hunt. If we have any tags left over we will get to use our muzzleloaders the first 15 days in Jan. of next year to fill the tags, antlerless only. Can't beat a deal like that.
Mike

Congrats to you also. That's a real challenge hunting primitive archery. But, having fun is the important part. That definitely is a sweet deal....hard to lose on that one🙂. We take the camper up in to the Greenhorn Wilderness. Wife goes along and does her reading and cooking. We head out early and most times it's dark before we get back....
BTW: good fortune to you and your partners. Also, when I worked for Conley-Lott-ichols in Dallas, I did alot of work in the open pit mines in OK.
Stan

And looking forward to 2nd draw for a muzzleloader tag(elk or deer)
May the angel of muzzleloaders look down upon you on both:).
We are refinishing my deck. Redwood boards: 20-2x6x12 / 20-2x6x14 & 20-2x6x16!! We are running each one through my planer and reinstalling. Really not a bad job....beats the hell out of sanding the whole damned deck.
After that, time to zero the muzzies....fun time.

T
Hope you installed security cameras 'cause you have a fortune in wood there !!!!
hat ain't no ****. 2x6x16 I got for less than $20 per piece. Now they run $80 - $120 per piece. All because all the communist democrats shut down businesses, for the cowards in this Country. They deserve to pay, we don't. Have a great weekend Mossie and the rest of the patriots of America.🇺🇸✡

Wonder if these prices will ever rebound and drop. Not with Biden and Kamel face Harris in charge.
I agree Bob. THe communists shut down drilling for natural gas and oil, on federal lands and off shore. So the price of everything involving fuel is going to go sky high. I sure don't here those demoncrat that voted for communisim bragging about the wonderful job "CRAZY JOE" is doing..

Just maybe their way of making us go green with elec cars, just price gas out of reach to most americans....Mossie PS Why hasn't my monthly contribution shown up as FML Supporter with my Avatar ??

Just maybe their way of making us go green with elec cars, just price gas out of reach to most americans....Mossie PS Why hasn't my monthly contribution shown up as FML Supporter with my Avatar ??
Electric cars require more electricity to use to charge them. Batteries are hazardous material. Vehicle still require oil based ingredients for making vehicles. Fact is, prices for everything will skyrocket for everything, as they are now, and jobs will tank, like they are now.

Just one example: Redwood: 2x6x16 were less the $20...todays price if you can find in stock $90. The deck I built before all the communists moved in cost me less than $1000....today's cost to me would be $4500-$5000. And the prices haven't stopped going up. Time to take care of business....

I took to locking up my barn now, for what it's worth, as I have several pickup loads of cedar 2x4's, 8's,10's, and 1x6's and 8", as well as 4x4's. I cut down and pulled the logs out and loaded them on a trailer myself and had a portable saw mill guy come over and cut them up. Don't have a lot of money in them, but a lot of sweat..... Anyhow, lumber prices haven't put a dent in subdivision building in my part of the woods ( coastal Alabama) and I've heard lots of things are disappearing from construction sites. I'm putting up a "motion detector inside also. Shame it has come to this now. Not too long ago we didn't have to lock hardly anything. Lots of these new construction crews are from out of state and workers from way way south.

drax, you are so right. When I was a kid growing up back in PA., we never locked the doors. Hell back in the mid 80's to mid 90's when I lived in Hayden, CO. We left the house and didn't worry about the doors being locked. Right now I've got motion sensor battery operated lights all over my property.
Mr. Beam sells these networked lights, that when one comes on, every light within 150' will come on. Have a simply safe system in my main barn/shop. Even though I live out in the wilderness, you never know who's stupid enough to venture in to my place....guarantee, they would regret that day👉

Latest posts

Back