cheep Triumph

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Several months ago Cabela's had the Triumph on sale for $250, and i purchased one. Yesterday it seemed it was time to give it a try. The scope was mounted, and the factory sights were removed.

P4081435.JPG

This morning i headed up into the hills, and set out the target. First i set up at 40 yard or so, sighted on the lower left target, and fired shot #1. Turned the scope dial down several clicks, and fired shot #2; turned down a few clicks and fired shot #3. The load for every shot today was 105g BH209 lit by W209 primer, pushing a 300g 44 caliber xtp in a crush rib sabot.

P4081426.JPG

Moved out to 101 yard, sighted on the lower right target, and fired shot #4. Turned the elevation dial down about 11 clicks, and that was that for the sight in. Fired shots #5,6, and 7 at 101 yard at the lower right target.

Finished this morning's shooting by moving out to 200 yard. There i sighted on the upper left target, and fired shots #8,9, and 10.

When i arrived home, here is what the breech looked like.

P4081430.JPG

Here is what i saw when i removed the breech plug, and examined the primers.

P4081431.JPG

P4081432.JPG

That is some great shooting. And such a nice clean breech. Nice looking rifle there.

Ya, I'm still kicking myself for not buying one when it was on sale. I even was at the point where all my info. was typed in and all I had to do was hit ORDER but I didn't. I bought one for my son a few months earlier so I just couldn't buy another one so soon. They are great guns! Super clean, easy to clean, and great shooters!

Latest posts

Back