Where to get BARNES 300 Originals ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macmathews

Reaction score
I want to try some of these and see what the hype is all about, but they are Back-ordered everywhere I look..

anybody know of any suppliers ? with them ?

Thanks

Kyle

good luck! No one has them that I can find and I spent ALL DAY yesterday looking online. I had my uncle (dealer) try to find me some but after 9 distributers I still had none. The 300 grain hornadys are just as hard to find.

It might be to late to still get any, but NatchezSS had them for sale.

Barnes Originals

Kyle,

How many are you looking for?
I have a box or 2 that I could sell you.
Mark

Did you give the trade blanket forum a look over at Dougs WS? I know someone had a few "BOs" for sale there.

If all else fails see if you can find some 300 grain Remington .458 SJHPs for sale. They are designed spacificly for use in the 45/70 so are better suited for higher velocities. I know Cabelas sells them both OTC and MO, and the Rems have been proven by meny to shoot excellently and perform equally as well on deer. The sabot of choice used with them has been the Harvester BCR and the orange MMP sabot.

I shot both the .458 Rems and the .458 "BOs" out of my 10ML-II and they both gave excellent accuracy. I used Harvester BCR with both as well as H-4198 around 65-66grns.

Midway, NSS, as well as others also sell the 458 Remingtons. seeing as it is so close to firearm deer season, I can see why you are having so hard a time locating certain types of bullets for use in MLs.

Good luck and remeber this for next years season.

:)

Thanks guys..
And I am following along..

Right now i am using Parker Be's ..
Just like trying different stuff and want good 200 yard accuracy..

I will play after the seasons over !..

I am getting about 1-1/2" groups to 100..

And can blow up hand sized pumpkins at 200.. regularly
I just wanna do the best I can do !..

Thanks

Kyle

Latest posts

Back