I Got IT!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Long-Shot

Reaction score
I finally received my T/C Renegade .54 today. I bought it on Gunbroker and the UPS man dropped it off to me at my front door. So excited. The seller even pitched in some extra jags, ball starter, powder horn, measure, nipple wrench and a few other miscellaneous things. Very nice.

Anyway, I dont know exactly what I am looking at as far as quality goes, I dont know if its shootable or if the bore is all messed up. So I am taking it over to Sabotloaders this weekend and maybe (depending on weather) shoot it!! So excited, this is my first muzzleloader, I felt like a kid at Christmas opening that box, now I just want to go out and play with it!!!

Avenger

The real question... is Anti-Bri there? and how is she taken the new memeber of the family?

I need to shoot this new DISC also Saturday sounds good to me even if it is snowing and raining, we can get under the south out building and shoot out to the draw...

Gotta go Saturday - do not want to shoot on the farm this Sunday - Easter and all

The pictures of the gun that I saw were awesome so I think you got a winner and anything that he sent you is gravy in the train.... We will explore this Saturday....

Oh yeah, Anti helped me open the box. Seems like I talked about it so much this last few weeks kinda got her excited too!! She wont admit it, but she is happy for me. Happy that I found a new hobby that I wont annoy her so much with... hehe... well so far, she's annoyed.

In my humble (but always correct) opinion, a .54 Renegade is the absolute PERFECT first muzzleloader. :D Of course, a .45 Renne is the absolute perfect second muzzle loader. Then there's the .50 fast twist barrel and .58 ball barrel. After that, you can start thinking about an in-line. :wink:

Well a Renegade is a good gun. It will teach you more about black powder then any inline can. It is a good way to start. Some patched roundball and your all set. Good luck with your rifle.

gun

Congrats. My wife anymore just looks at me, eyes galzed over and moves on.........She cannot understand why I shoot a gun that takes so long to clean after i use it and i am not complaining about it. Here is a little trick when U want o go hunting or shooting, start singing the old Daniel Boone or Davey Crockett TV show theme song, she will shake her head and walk away knowingly.

Latest posts

Back