Hornady FPB

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While they shoot quite accurate in my Triumph,with 110gr of BH 209 they are a bore sized conical and I thought 150 yds would be about as far as I could get a PBR that I liked. Lee

Are they better suited for 150 yards and under then.....due to their weight.

pbr's 9 bucks at walmart, i remember when i was a kid drinkin pbr's for 25 cents a pop, just kidding. i see the abreviation "pbr" on here all the time,whats it stand for?

Heavy conical bullets are fine out to 200 yards and beyond. It just takes the bullet longer to get out there and the trajectory is steeper than sabots. Heavy bullets carry their energy very well at long range.

I bought 6 packs total at my local WallyWorld for $9. I've yet to shoot them but from what I hear people are having good results with them.

I saw them at wally world but they were 350 or 375 grain....I can't remember. Too heavy for me.

In case any body did not know PBR is Point Blank Range.
I use a PBR of 6 inches That means the the high point of the trajectory that it is sighted in for is 3 inches above the line of sight .
AT 100yds 3 inches high at 165\8 yds is dead on and at 190 yds is 3 inches low.
An other term common here is PRB it stands for Patched Round Ball
Then there I believe is the FPB which is a bullet.
Lee

as lee 9 said its the fpb wich stands for for black powder and are 350 gr. full bore bullets.

I was traveling through Durango CO. today for work and stopped in at the Wal Mart there. I picked up 2 packs for $9 each. They had about 15 - 20 packs left. No powder. Now I have 3 packs. I hope my Omega likes them.

Back