Omega-Nosler 260?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franksauto

Reaction score
I have a pile of Nosler Partition 260's that I bought years ago. I have been dying to shoot & hunt with them but my MK85 wouldnt shoot them well so I have been holding on to them untill I bought an Omega. Well, I just bought an Omega. Just wanted to get an idea of what powders and charges work well out of your Omega, for those of you who are using them.
Thanks,
Frank

nosler 260 gr m/l bullets

I use the noslers in an old T/C Thunderhawk. Awsome results with 90 gr
777 and CCI #11 magnum caps. Can't find them anymore. I am also from easterm Ma. If you don't use them and would like to sell them, you have a buyer here. Dan D

Franksauto

I shoot them from my Omega - they shoot very well - a few deer would tell that they shoot to well - If they could they would...

110 grain T7-2f - MMP HPH-24 sabot...

Re: nosler 260 gr m/l bullets

doubled said:
I use the noslers in an old T/C Thunderhawk. Awsome results with 90 gr
777 and CCI #11 magnum caps. Can't find them anymore. I am also from easterm Ma. If you don't use them and would like to sell them, you have a buyer here. Dan D

Hi Dan, Ive been holding on to them for 5 or 6 years just waiting to get a ml that will shot them.
Where about from Ma are you. I'm in Gloucester & hunt Gloucester/Essex/Hamilton.

nosler 260 gr m/l bullets

I am from Saugus. Been a tough year around here for me. I hunt
some private land in Topsfield, ground covered in acorns making it
difficult. Had some luck in Vermont with rifle and muzzleloader. I also
have an omega and shoot Barnes 290 gr TMZ, 110 gr 777, and Winchester
777 209 primers. If I do my part, can get sub one inch groups at 100 yds. I swab between shots with T/C #13 slightly damp patch, makes a
big difference as far as the crud ring goes. Hope you get to put one of
those partitions into a critter during M/L season. Dan D.

My mk85 likes the nosler 300gr with a 100gr of triple 7 or black mag using a mmp hph-12 sabot. I tried a crush rib sabot and my groups were 5-6 inches at 100yds. I got them down to 2-4 inches at 100 which for a lousy shot like me is good.

Dan, what a small world. I hunt the next towns over from Topsfield. Wenham, Hamilton, Essex. just minutes from Topsfield. I'm going to play with some differend loads when the weather warms up a little.

Back