sssshhh don't say it to loud or everyone will know

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patchball

Reaction score
never can get the hang of inlines. they are single shot rifles, used in shotgun areas. GREAT NEWS FOR ME!!have been having an easy time of buying, flintlocks and percussion sidelocks of all kinds becuase no one wants them anymore. great more for those of use who love the old ways. anyone else having good luck on buying up the shall i say it (old school guns). hate that term. to date i have bought guns i never would have been able to afford like. one over&under 50 cal or one flint, one percusion sidebyside 50cal and a few hawkins and renagades, penn rifles in all kinds of cals both flint and percussion. so if you tell me how hard they are to clean and they don't shoot as far or not as reliable as the NEW INLINES please know i'll understand!! and that i'll sadly take what ever you have off your hands to ease your pain and suffering. so you can enjoy life of the inlines in peace. lol

First off inlines are no more accurate then your traditional rifles. The big difference is people tend to scope them more often then they do traditional. I have a scoped Renegade, and it will keep right up there with many of the inlines. Even my Black Mountain Magnum will shoot with the best of them.

The big difference is what their rate of twist is, and what kind of projectile they shoot.

An inline is no better then any other rifle. With traditional rifles you just have to learn their quirks and then hunt accordingly. I'm glad that you are having such a good time buying up traditional rifles. They have a special place in my collection.

this is not a stab at inlines. first and foremost it is the next step. maybe i didn't say it right. but as i see it here in michigan,they use scopes on the inlines and i should have said the others(sidelocks) are just as good. you are so right i should have said scope inlines (just trying to make it light. my bad!! sorry). the most i hear, is they are so easier to clean. i quess most people missed the point. i have had more memories and laughs while sitting around a boiling can of soapy water. and the stories(dry balling, miss fires,forgot the cap) and the fun!! is almost if not more fun then the hunt. sorry if i didn't think it out. but yup!! sidelocks will always be the best part of my collection. just one mans opinnon lol

Slowly, and surreptitiously (sliding them past the wife) building a collection of sidelocks....... shhhhhh.

Back