A Good KP1 Report...LOOK here,UC.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sabotloader said:
Spit

The more I sit and think about our discussion on the phone a few minute ago - the more I can explain, to myself, what you are talking about when you mention the size of the flash channel leading to the flash hole. The size (volume) of the channel might be able to consume a lot of the possible blow back b4 it pushes the primer out and when the bullet leaves the bore. In addition the after the bullets leaves there should be a vortex created that will pull some of the BB gas from the breech plug...

Makes it easier for me to understand why that plug migh be so much cleaner...

Exactly Pete...That is what I was trying to tell you, but sometimes it is hard to paint a mental picture. I do better with pencil and paper.

The initial blow back is consumed by the over sized flame channel, and as the bullet leaves the barrel, it sucks the flame channel clean.

I would shoot today and IMMEDIATELY open the action and remove the primer carcass, looking for any sign of smoke....zip. 8)

"after the bullets leaves there should be a vortex created that will pull some of the BB gas from the breech plug... "

whut?

UC

The initial blow back is consumed by the over sized flame channel, and as the bullet leaves the barrel, it sucks the flame channel clean.

What Spit said is what i thought I was a saying...

Maybe it is a venturi effect????

sabotloader said:
UC

What Spit said is what i thought I was a saying...

Maybe it is a venturi effect????

Exactly....
As in.... the Italian physicist Giovanni Battista Venturi.

Ok i took my KP1 out today for the first time and it's a keeper. What a pleasure to shoot 250 gr sw 120 gr 777 it's a tac driver. Almost zero recoil i took it all the way out to 150 yrd's cant belive this thing. Wish i new how to post pics but any way i used the the bare 209 plug that came with the gun the first 4-5 shots i did not think the blow bye was to bad but after 26 shots that was it missfire. Got home 35 minutes to clean it im gonna call knght monday to order the new old brech plug maybe next time out i will have some pics

Back