A Good KP1 Report...LOOK here,UC.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spitpatch

Reaction score
KPItarget6.jpg

The target is self explanatory. The point I want to make is this...
The KP1 was so incredibly hard to clean, with all the blowback....

I talked to Gordy at Knight Rifles, about the blowback issue, and he said he didn't know why Knight went to the breech plug with the magnets in them. They made two versions of that...
He said they had quite a few of the original breech plugs on the shelf, (this was the flat face, 209 plug, he gave Grouse for the Vision), and he thought the blowback would be considerably less. Also, as an added bonus, it would shoot BH209.
I received it in the mail, and today I had a chance to shoot the KP1 again, only this time with the new/original plug.

The groups were great but, better yet, NO....I MEAN ...NO Blow back!!!

I could not even get a hint of blow back on my cleaning patch!!!

I used some Alcan Primers my Bro-in-law gave me.

NO...hangfires!!!!!!! NONE!!!

This plug is AWESOME!!!

Rich.......you gotta get this plug, man!

Cleaning was sweet as it should be.

Notice the pics of the plug and breech area...the blue grease is still blue!!

Sorry, I am really JACKED at this point!

Thanks Gordy!!!You made my day!!!!!!

Primers.jpg

After firing 13 rounds, most of them were 120 grains of BH209....you could eat off of this plug!!
KP1Breech.jpg

KP1plug3.jpg

KP1plug2.jpg

KP1plug.jpg

KP1Pic.jpg

KP1pic2.jpg

BTW....the 45-70 barrel shoots lights out!!!

Great report SPIT and sweet looking rifle, I think your disc-elites will stand up and take notice :applause:

Good shooting Spit...and that is a great looking rifle. If someone else buys Knight, they need to put that wagon wheel shot on the cover of the new catalog... :wink:

Ok, tell him to send me a couple. :D Or send me his email address, I have no contact info for Gordy.

You think that is an improvement over mine? :wink:

image010.jpg
KP1Breech.jpg

UC

Here is the same breech plug in Tom's Vison. It is a bit blurry but you can tell the plug is just barely tanned....

P1010006b.jpg

Here is the target so you can count the number of shots... Pug was taped - no grease

6-18Vision25ydLabel.jpg

And I can not find Gordy's phone number right now - but i will and pass it on. Found it... anyway this was the last working number I have...

Knight Rifles
1-800-696-1703 Ext 2101

UC,

I TOTALLY agree with your photoshop job, that extractor/slot is totally useless, and just creates a place for crap to get into. Did it ever work, even with the FPJ's?

Read this, Knight is doing a 2 week inventory, so some things have changed.

Knight Rifles Modern Muzzleloaders
Attention Knight Rifles Customers. We will be conducting inventory from June 29 thru July 13, and will not process any orders during that time. Any orders placed after midnight CDT, June 28, 2009 will not be processed or shipped until after July 13. If you have any warranty issues during this time please call 641-856-2624 ext 2 for help.

Modern Muzzleloading, Inc. is announcing that it will close its Knight Rifles division in Decatur, AL effective June 30, 2009. The decision to close the Knight operation resulted from an overall industry downturn.

This closure will not affect service of Knight Rifles? products. Customer service for wholesale and retail customers will be provided by Modern Muzzleloading, Inc. All warranty, non-warranty, and replacement part services will remain in place for the various customer categories and all customers will have access to experienced service personnel for consultation, questions, and repair of Knight products (in serviceable condition.) Sales of Knight?s parts and accessories will be also be handled by Modern Muzzleloading, Inc.

Until June 30, 2009, you are requested to continue to use your regular customer contacts and service department personnel. Prior to Knight?s closure on June 30, 2009, you will be provided with new customer service contact information.

Modern Muzzleloading, Inc. will continue to operate the office functions for Knight so as to provide continuity for its customers and vendors until resolution is concluded.

Knight Rifles? management and staff would like to extend its appreciation to all of the Knight customers for the support of Knight?s products over the years.

Important User Bulletin for Knight Revolution Owners

http://www.knightrifles.com/

Spit or UC or sabotloader,

Can you measure the length, diameter, and thread pitch of those plugs for me? What other knights do they fit in?

I know the Revolution plugs will fit the Disc, will these fit the disc?

If they did, they would have to have some of the length turned off the hex head for the NFPJ bolt extension to fit.

Or could one of you take a pic next to a disc breech plug?

Thanks for any information.

Great shooting.. and that sure is a nice looking rifle rig.. I am shocked at how clean that breech plug is. Knight is on to something there. A little late mind you, but that sure would have been a sellng point.

Those loads must have had some real velocity to them..

I used some Alcan Primers my Bro-in-law gave me.

NO...hangfires!!!!!!! NONE!!!

Alcan... that's a brand I didn't think anyone else used. A hunting buddy gave me a couple hundred a few years ago and is my source for them (he says he still has a couple cases left). I LOVE THEM. I currently have an Encore and always heard people talk about blowback and the firing pin area getting filthy. I've never experienced that using Alcan primers. I'm not sure why, but all I can think of is this... they seem a little bigger in diameter than std 209 primers, they don't appear to be tapered, and the face seems flat and not rounded like others I've compared them to (CCI, Winchester, STS). I was also told by several people that when they were produced, they were the hottest 209 around. Maybe these reasons are why I never experienced all the blowback??

I can say this.. I wish they were still being made.

Bannerbird...
Possibly the flat face of the primer has something to do with it....

Busta...
The plug will fit the Vision, according to Gordy...

I will try to get you pics tonight.

The flame channel is large and DEEP. Then a tiny hole at the powder end.

This makes sense to me once I think about it...The fire has no problem getting to the charge, but the blowback actually has a larger chamber to expand into before leaking out around the primer. Unlike some flame channels that are tiny all the way to the powder with no where for the blowback pressure to expand into.

I will buy all the Alcan primers you guys have.... :lol: pm me 8)

Didn't they quit making those primers about 30 years ago? :D

Thanks for the email address. I've already left him a phone message but may email him just to be sure he knows what I'm after.

ffa9ep.jpg

Spitpatch said:
Bannerbird...
Possibly the flat face of the primer has something to do with it....
That's kind of what I was thinking. Also, out of all the primers I've tried, the Alcan is the only one I have to pull out. The others fall out.

No need to PM.... NO you can't have my supply.

Underclocked said:
And they still go off 30 years later. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I never heard of them until my buddy gave them to me about 5 years ago.

Underclocked said:

Thanks for the email address. I've already left him a phone message but may email him just to be sure he knows what I'm after.

ffa9ep.jpg

Thanks Rich!!!

UC...you are a Graphics Master!

Latest posts

Back