Need quick help with Encore breech plug.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimG

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a ''new to him" Encore ML. He cannot figure out how to remove the primer extractor so he can pull the breech plug. He has no book/manual. I've never owned an Encore so I'm no help and the gun is at his place not mine so I can't 'tinker' with it. Do you have to pull the forearm and hinge pin??

Thanks but my computer will not bring up the manuals. It starts to download then locks up. I do have Adobe but I'm on SSSSLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWW dialup so maybe that's the issue. Can anyone just describe the process? Thanks.

You are right- you need to pull the forearm and hinge pin. There is a small screw on the right side of the barrel that holds the extractor in. I took mine out, there is no need for it anyway.

Before he re-installs the primer extractor have your buddy call T/C and order the new extractor that pivots so he will not have to take the rifle apart again to remove.

Chocdog

mirage1988 said:
I took mine out, there is no need for it anyway.

same here , no need for it at all . you can remove the primer with you fingers with no problem . I tried one of the swing away extractors and the first time i closed my gun i forgot to move it back to the up right position and bent it . So i tossed it , and notice i didn't need one anyway . :roll:

I had one of the ez-tip extractors in mine too. Took it out- you don't need it, spend the 20 bucks on bullets instead.

Back