blackmag powder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OptimaAndy

Reaction score
Just got am email from Craig at MDM and they are having a deal right now on BM XP.
PM me if you want the info.
If theres anyone near me I would be willing to go halfs on a case.

It is good powder, it gives the next best results to Blackhorn. Is the price better? I can get blackhorn to the door for 27 dollars a can. Lee

BM

U thought there was an issue w/ stocking? The were not consistent?

Lee 9 said:
It is good powder, it gives the next best results to Blackhorn. Is the price better? I can get blackhorn to the door for 27 dollars a can. Lee

29.95 per can with no hazmat fees and free shipping.
Where you getting your BH209 that cheap? Are you not paying hazmat or shipping?

Re: BM

Bucker said:
U thought there was an issue w/ stocking? The were not consistent?

No issues around here. The company is only 6 hours away from me. I also have a dealer that has it year round, no issues, thats about an hour away.

OptimaAndy said:
Lee 9 said:

29.95 per can with no hazmat fees and free shipping.
Where you getting your BH209 that cheap? Are you not paying hazmat or shipping?

$24.00 at Powder Valley all day, every day. Buy by the case of 10 and spread out Haz Mat and shipping, comes to $27.25 per jug.

Click link,,,then click powders,,,then click Accurate Arms,,,Blackhorn 209 on top line for $24.

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

Just remember the NEW BlackMag XP also comes in 10 oz containers, but you also lose in the volume to weight conversion as it is much more dense than Blackhorn 209. Following examples for Blackhorn 209 include HazMat and shipping to your door. FYI.

Example 1:

10 oz = 4375 gr WEIGHT.

100 gr VOLUME Black Mag XP = 105 gr WEIGHT.

4375 gr WEIGHT / 105 gr WEIGHT (100 gr VOLUME) = 41.66 charges per container.

Example 2:

10 oz = 4375 gr WEIGHT.

100 gr VOLUME Blackhorn 209 = 69 gr WEIGHT.

4375 gr WEIGHT / 69 gr WEIGHT (100 gr VOLUME) = 63.40 charges per container.

Example 3:

10 containers of BlackMag XP = $299.50 = 416.6 (100 gr VOLUME) charges.

10 containers of Blackhorn 209 = $272.50 = 634 (100 gr VOLUME) charges.

Example 4:

100 gr VOLUME BlackMag XP = Just under 72 cents per charge

100 gr VOLUME Blackhorn 209 = Just under 43 cents per charge

The higher your charges go, the further the gap grows.

120 gr VOLUME Black Mag XP = 126 gr WEIGHT = 34.72 charges per container = 86.26 cents per charge.

120 gr VOLUME Blackhorn 209 = 82.8 gr WEIGHT = 52.83 charges per container = 51.58 cents per charge.

Bussta: Thanks for the detailed information. The only saving grace for Black Mag is that it can be used in older open action or side lock rifles which the BH209 cannot. My White rifles will work with Black Mag but not with BH209. The cost difference however is larger than I thought. I had some contact with MDM personnel at the NRA Convention and mentioned that they could have themselves priced out of business. Apparently they are feeling the effect as they are doing a sale. I sure wish they could solve the manufacturing cost problems or whatever keeps the cost so high.

Thats too bad is so expensive per shot.

I get BH209 on sale for $24.99 locally and with my $20 off per $100 it comes to even less from Cabelas. Ive been hoarding it each time its on sale and have a coupon.

Im sitting on 10 jugs now and about 100 tubes full.

Sorry I did not get back sooner.
Busta has it all mapped out for you.
Thank you Busta. Lee

Back