A Knight Vision

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aladinbama

Reaction score
I just purchased a Knight Vision .50 and was basically wondering what to expect. I plan on using BH 209 with a variety of sabots (already coming). Also ordered a knight start-up kit for about 18.00 just because I thought it was a good deal (since it listed for 3 times that).
I'm an avid C&R collector so I'm used to cleaning up after shooting surplus ammo, cleaning, caring for, etc. I was just wondering if there are any pointers from those of you who may own a Vision. (ex. will regular 209 shotgun primers work with this gun?) Thanks!

Welcome,

The Knight Vision with the Non Full Plastic Jacket breech plug works well with BH209 by all reports. I have other Knights that shoot it fine. You will want standard or magnum 209 primers (Winchester W209, Federal 209A, Remington STS, CCI, CCIM), NOT the muzzleloading 209 primers (Triple Se7en, Remingtom Kleanbore, Federal Fusion, CCI MZL).

So far I love mine. I put a Leupold Ultimate Slam scope on it.

KnightVision-1.jpg

I have tried a wealth of bullets through it. They are all great and I have found none that will not shoot in it. I have used 777, Pyrodex RS, Goex Pinnacle, and BH209. I ended up going with the 209, only because of the ease of use and you don't have to stop and swab the barrel. I have shot 26 rounds through it in one range sitting. I have heard of other guys tripling that with no problems.

Now I have ended with this load, 100 grs of BH209 and the Hornaday FPB bullet. I am still amazed at the accuracy of this load. It will be my load for the season this fall. However, I must admit because it is a little hard to get the FPB started - I will more then likely go with a 300 gr XTP and 100 grs of BH209 for my followup shot.

Larry,

Just pre-rifle your FPB bullets at home for the speed loaders. With an unloaded gun...breech plug removed...drop your FPB in the muzzle nose first...this centers it in the bore...push into bore using a short starter or something smaller diameter than the cup until the base has entered...use cleaning rod to push back out the muzzle...you have a perfect sized bullet for your bore. Put these in your speed loaders. Just line up the rifling kerfs when you are ready to load in the field. Easy as pie!

Busta said:
Larry,

Just pre-rifle your FPB bullets at home for the speed loaders. With an unloaded gun...breech plug removed...drop your FPB in the muzzle nose first...this centers it in the bore...push into bore using a short starter or something smaller diameter than the cup until the base has entered...use cleaning rod to push back out the muzzle...you have a perfect sized bullet for your bore. Put these in your speed loaders. Just line up the rifling kerfs when you are ready to load in the field. Easy as pie!

I will give that a try. Thanks Busta!

The Vision came today. If it's worth a poop for a ML, it will be the best buck and a half I've spent in a while (that was including shipping). Althought the only thing that came with it was the CD (no accessories), I took the breech plug out and sure enough - absolutely no signs of it ever being shot. It was clean as a whistle. Put the plug back in and fired a couple primers through it - the trigger breaks very nicely, I'd say @ 4 lbs. I can't wait to take it to the range.
I did call Knight and order the "all-in-one" wrench for it. I figured what the heck, one tool is easier than many.

Aladinbama said:
The Vision came today. If it's worth a poop for a ML, it will be the best buck and a half I've spent in a while (that was including shipping). Althought the only thing that came with it was the CD (no accessories), I took the breech plug out and sure enough - absolutely no signs of it ever being shot. It was clean as a whistle. Put the plug back in and fired a couple primers through it - the trigger breaks very nicely, I'd say @ 4 lbs. I can't wait to take it to the range.
I did call Knight and order the "all-in-one" wrench for it. I figured what the heck, one tool is easier than many.

I'm suprised you didn't get the wrench with the buy. I got one, the CD, and a booklet. I got mine from Sportsman Guide for $179.

You should have many good days of shooting with your Vision. I think I will go to the range today and run a few rounds down the 100 yd range. I am having a good time using the Hornaday FPB bullet and the BH209 powder. The bullet is huge, 350 grs, but very accurate!!!

Back