Your thoughts on this scope on this ML.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roach4047

Reaction score
I hope this isn't a repost but if so I appreciate your input non the less.

I'm wanting to scope my newly aquired Knight Disc Extreme for next years Deer Season. The gun came with a 3-9x40 Tasco scope on it but I have a better scope on hand. It's a Bushnell 3200 Elite which I've read great reviews about. I don't really know enough about scopes to know what's what and haven't yet had time to look through them side by side but from everything I've read the Bushnell should end up being the better of the two. Over on a shotgun forum when I made mention of the possibility of using the 3-9 on a shotgun several people spoke against it stating that although it was a good scope that I should concentrate more so on a 1-4x variable scope with a longer eye relief.

Does the same apply for this Knight ML? Is the Bushnell 3-9 too much scope for the gun or am I all set here with the Bushnell or Tasco either one.

Thanks for the input. :D

Roach

If I were in your shoes I'd take the tasco off, put the Elite on and sleep very well at night. I think a 3-9 scope on a ML is just about perfect. If the 3200 is like the 4200 (I'm sure it will be) it will be a great scope!

The 3200 Elite 3-9X40 is pretty much my favorite scope. IMO they can hardly be beat at any price.

That's a good scope but be careful, it's a little short on eye relief..

I got rid of my Bushnell scopes on Muzzleloaders. Poor eye relief and bad optics was the reason. The scope was sent back two times and i gave up.

Watch that eye relief, I went to a Nikon Omega just because I like to shoot full loads on the bench. It has 5 inches of eye relief. Lee

Back