Better Power Rod?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarlV

Reaction score
Is there a better option for a folding handle ramrod than the TC Powerrod version?

I'm not real impressed with the flimsy feel of the thin walled aluminum on TC's and was wondering if there is a better mouse trap out there.

I tried searching on here with no real luck, and what a pain having to type in my search words every time I read a post.:(

Thanks, Carl

The XS Power rod that Knight sells is perfect. They actually might be out of them. I'm sure you could find them some place.

big6x6 said:
How long of one do you need and for what muzzleloader?

Remington Genisis.

Don't know the actual length since I'm at work :shock: right now.

Grouse said:
The XS Power rod that Knight sells is perfect. They actually might be out of them. I'm sure you could find them some place.

I can't seem to find these anywhere??? The Knight web sight doesn't mention them that I could find.

Anyone know?

Thanks.

billyzink said:
CarlV said:
Grouse said:

I can't seem to find these anywhere??? The Knight web sight doesn't mention them that I could find.

Anyone know?

Thanks.
http://xssights.com/store/blackpowder.html

FANTANTIC! I guess they only recently got back into business???

If you aren't using a Power Rod you should be! :lol:

I think the XS Sight link is old because this product isn?t in their 2009 catalog. I?m also pretty sure that TC bought the rights to the rod from XS in 2006 and that is why you no longer see Knight carry them or even this firm.

coh-1 said:
I think the XS Sight link is old because this product isn?t in their 2009 catalog. I?m also pretty sure that TC bought the rights to the rod from XS in 2006 and that is why you no longer see Knight carry them or even this firm.

That's what I was THINKING too.....

coh-1 said:

Just bought them from Knight three weeks ago.

Thanks for the info on the Knight power rod.

I don't know the length of my Genisis ramrod here at work or I'd be calling Knight to try to order one right now.

Anyone sitting home that has a Genisis that wouldn't mind measuring the ram rod?????

Also, I'm probably going to buy one short enough that I can leave the spin jag attached to it and also let the spin jag stick out about an inch or so since you can't use the Genisis's ram rod to patch the bore since it won't reach all the way to the breech plug.

Thanks again

Carl

Back