New breechplug for sidekick ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
edmehlig said:
Busta, thanks for the pictures, they look great!! What to they go for?

His pictures may look great, but my plug came in looking like it was made in a third world country.

I called the company up and they didn't seem to be interested in my problem. The plug was in a almost unfinished condition with very crude tool marks all over the plug. Some of the threads were damaged and not dressed. I don't even think the threads could be dressed and they may seep some gases. I will not know until I fire my rifle. I can only hope it works. I have been too busy and have not fired it yet.

I hope that the quality control has changedfor the better since I called!!!

Good luck.

MY plug looks just like Busta's picture, I have had nothing but good results from it.

Truthyfully I wouldn't care how it looks just do to the fact of how good it performs in my Sidekick.

You will be happy.

Steve

I hope so. I will be taking some time on Wednesday and go to the range. I will check it out thoroughly. I am really hope it works as advertised!!! I am really attatched to my Sidekick.

Larry, I do care about these and how they look/perform. The thing is, that little burr on the thread that is sometimes present, causes no malfunction.

Sure, we could make these things look like a million bucks, but the cost would be significantly higher. I am currently tumbling them before they go out, so they are looking very nice.

Your e-mails were quite rude to say the least. If someone is rude to me you can bet I am going to be rude back. If there is any malfunction with these plugs, MU will stand behind them no matter what. I do believe I mentioned that in a e-mail as well.

Cheers
Nick

NWA said:
Your e-mails were quite rude to say the least. If someone is rude to me you can bet I am going to be rude back. If there is any malfunction with these plugs, MU will stand behind them no matter what. I do believe I mentioned that in a e-mail as well.

Cheers
Nick

You must have rude and extrememly upset mistaken. People are getting sick and tired of paying for a product, and then getting something different in return! I personally am sick and tired of this. You can see it with all the junk that is coming in from China. If I have to pay more for a properly produced product, then I will. How much more time does it take to finish this item? You would think that made in America still means something. I guess not.

When Ruger got rid of their Quality Control dept., their products started going out in poor shape and this upset their customers (not rude)!!!

Please don't take my emails as being rude, they were not. Take them as being totally disgusted and upset at recieving a grudely manufactured product!!!

If as you say," I am currently tumbling them before they go out, so they are looking very nice.", then my email had some effect in getting you to change the procedures in you product. Thanks you.

Larry your e-mail had no effect other than to let me know that the old saying is so true.......... You can't please everyone. I can live with that.

I tell ya what old timer, send me that plug you have that is soooooooooooooo crappy, and I will refund it. Then, everyone is happy and you can go on your merry way.

Stating your opinion about Ruger is quite meaningless. Company after Company is trying to make things as good as they possibly can for as cheap as they possibly can, to compete with overseas MFG. That is a fact, and Ruger, S&W, Remington and on and on have to produce things for less and less $ everyday to compete. So if a couple of Burrs got your underwear in this much of a wad, you my friend, need something better to do.

Give me a call if you wish to speak further on this 586-264-0410. I would give you my 800# but you would probably complain about that too.

Nick

NWA said:
Larry your e-mail had no effect other than to let me know that the old saying is so true.......... You can't please everyone. I can live with that.

I tell ya what old timer, send me that plug you have that is soooooooooooooo crappy, and I will refund it. Then, everyone is happy and you can go on your merry way.

Stating your opinion about Ruger is quite meaningless. Company after Company is trying to make things as good as they possibly can for as cheap as they possibly can, to compete with overseas MFG. That is a fact, and Ruger, S&W, Remington and on and on have to produce things for less and less $ everyday to compete. So if a couple of Burrs got your underwear in this much of a wad, you my friend, need something better to do.

Give me a call if you wish to speak further on this 586-264-0410. I would give you my 800# but you would probably complain about that too.

Nick

It is really a shame that you wish to attack a customer on this open forum. But don't let me get in your way of making a fool of yourself.

One thing that gets more thread time on these forums is customer service and you seem to be making my point. Personal attacks, like yours on me, is something I have never experienced with a customer service rep. And one that will be duly noted by the members of this forum.

All I had wish to do was give the forum folks another side to this product and what they may experience in their dealings with your company.

A very leaned man once said, "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging." Very wise words to be sure!

My friend, I am not attacking you in any way. I am sorry you are taking it that way.
I pride myself with how well I treat my customers. You on the other hand, had came out barking at me long ago. That in itself is not a big deal, but like I had said in the begining. If you are going to be rude to me I will for sure be rude to you. There is a right way to do buisness and a right way to make a suggestion. You did both of those wrong.

This is going no where. If you are un happy I will gladly refund your money. What else could I do for you?

If you or anyone is offended I am sorry. That was not my intention. I am simply standing up for myself and my company against someone saying our products look like they came from a third world country.

Thank you very much.

Nick :)

It is really a shame that you wish to attack a customer on this open forum. But don't let me get in your way of making a fool of yourself.

One thing that gets more thread time on these forums is customer service and you seem to be making my point. Personal attacks, like yours on me, is something I have never experienced with a customer service rep. And one that will be duly noted by the members of this forum.

All I had wish to do was give the forum folks another side to this product and what they may experience in their dealings with your company.

A very leaned man once said, "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging." Very wise words to be sure![/quote]

Back