Sports and Politics - Anonymous Letter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonRC

Reaction score
Anonymous Letter (Open Letter To NFL Players. Can apply to other Professional Sports.)

The Boycott is coming. You graduated high school in 2016. Your teenage years were a struggle. The only thing that made you stand out is you weighed 225 lbs and could run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds while carrying a football. Your best friend was just like you, except he didn’t play football. Instead of going to football practice after school, he went to work at McDonalds for minimum wage. You were recruited by all the big colleges and spent every weekend of your senior year making visits to universities where coaches and boosters tried to convince you their school was best. While they laid out the red carpet for you. Your best friend worked double shifts at Mickey Ds. College was not an option for him. On the day you signed with Big State University, your best friend signed paperwork with his Army recruiter. You went to summer workouts. He went to basic training. You spent the next four years living in the athletic dorm, eating at the training table. You spent your Saturdays on the football field, cheered on by adoring fans. Tutors attended to your every academic need. You attended class when you felt like it. Sure, you worked hard. You lifted weights, ran sprints, studied plays, and soon became one of the top football players in the country.
Your best friend was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division. While you were in college, he deployed to Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. He became a Sergeant and led a squad of 19 year-old soldiers who grew up just like he did. He shed his blood in Afghanistan and watched young American's give their lives, limbs, and innocence for the US. You went to the NFL combine and scored off the charts. You hired an agent and waited for draft day. You were drafted in the first round and your agent immediately went to work, ensuring that you received the most money possible. You signed for $16 million although you had never played a single down of professional football. Your best friend re-enlisted in the Army for four more years. As a combat-tested sergeant, he will be paid $33,000 per year. You will drive a Ferrari on the streets of South Beach. He will ride in the back of a Blackhawk helicopter with 10 other combat loaded soldiers. You will sleep at the Ritz. He will dig a hole in the ground and try to sleep. You will “make it rain” in the club. He will pray for rain as the temperature reaches 120 degrees. On Sunday, you will run into a stadium as tens of thousands of fans cheer and yell your name. For your best friend, there is little difference between Sunday and any other day of the week. There are no adoring fans. There are only people trying to kill him and his soldiers. Every now and then, he and his soldiers leave the front lines and “go to the rear” to rest. He might be lucky enough to catch an NFL game on TV. When the National Anthem plays and you take a knee, he will jump to his feet and salute the television. While you protest the unfairness of life in the United States, he will give thanks to God that he has the honor of defending his great country. To the players of the NFL: We are the people who buy your tickets, watch you on TV, and wear your jerseys. We anxiously wait for Sundays so we can cheer for you and marvel at your athleticism. Although we love to watch you play, we care little about your opinions until you offend us. You have the absolute right to express your opinion, but we have the absolute right to boycott you. We have tolerated your drug use and DUIs, your domestic violence, and your vulgar displays of wealth. We should be ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is right. But now you have gone too far. You have insulted our flag, our country, our soldiers, our police officers, and our veterans. You are living the American dream, yet you disparage our great country. I encourage all like minded Americans to boycott the NFL. National boycott of the NFL on Sunday, November 11, 2020 - on “Veterans Day“ Weekend. Boycott all football telecasts; all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American flag draped over their coffin.

Wanted to Share This Letter That Was Sent to Me
Ron

Ron, did you know a "Butcher" York (muzzleloader/buchskinner) from the Golden area, retired Sergeant Major from the Guard with 42 years service in different branches. He's a character that has been a POW four times in his service; WWII, Korean, Vietnam and Cambodia engagements. Nice person until he get to drinking, then watch him.

I know he would be ready for action after reading this.

Never met the man, Buck. Sounds like a someone that would be very interesting to meet. The father of one of my friends was a Marine Gunnery Sergeant who was very much like that. Wherever there was a fight, he was there.
Ron

I may be alone in this, but I could never understand working stiffs paying all that money to watch a gang of millionaires play a youngster's game!

Anonymous Letter (Open Letter To NFL Players. Can apply to other Professional Sports.)

The Boycott is coming. You graduated high school in 2016. Your teenage years were a struggle. The only thing that made you stand out is you weighed 225 lbs and could run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds while carrying a football. Your best friend was just like you, except he didn’t play football. Instead of going to football practice after school, he went to work at McDonalds for minimum wage. You were recruited by all the big colleges and spent every weekend of your senior year making visits to universities where coaches and boosters tried to convince you their school was best. While they laid out the red carpet for you. Your best friend worked double shifts at Mickey Ds. College was not an option for him. On the day you signed with Big State University, your best friend signed paperwork with his Army recruiter. You went to summer workouts. He went to basic training. You spent the next four years living in the athletic dorm, eating at the training table. You spent your Saturdays on the football field, cheered on by adoring fans. Tutors attended to your every academic need. You attended class when you felt like it. Sure, you worked hard. You lifted weights, ran sprints, studied plays, and soon became one of the top football players in the country.
Your best friend was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division. While you were in college, he deployed to Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. He became a Sergeant and led a squad of 19 year-old soldiers who grew up just like he did. He shed his blood in Afghanistan and watched young American's give their lives, limbs, and innocence for the US. You went to the NFL combine and scored off the charts. You hired an agent and waited for draft day. You were drafted in the first round and your agent immediately went to work, ensuring that you received the most money possible. You signed for $16 million although you had never played a single down of professional football. Your best friend re-enlisted in the Army for four more years. As a combat-tested sergeant, he will be paid $33,000 per year. You will drive a Ferrari on the streets of South Beach. He will ride in the back of a Blackhawk helicopter with 10 other combat loaded soldiers. You will sleep at the Ritz. He will dig a hole in the ground and try to sleep. You will “make it rain” in the club. He will pray for rain as the temperature reaches 120 degrees. On Sunday, you will run into a stadium as tens of thousands of fans cheer and yell your name. For your best friend, there is little difference between Sunday and any other day of the week. There are no adoring fans. There are only people trying to kill him and his soldiers. Every now and then, he and his soldiers leave the front lines and “go to the rear” to rest. He might be lucky enough to catch an NFL game on TV. When the National Anthem plays and you take a knee, he will jump to his feet and salute the television. While you protest the unfairness of life in the United States, he will give thanks to God that he has the honor of defending his great country. To the players of the NFL: We are the people who buy your tickets, watch you on TV, and wear your jerseys. We anxiously wait for Sundays so we can cheer for you and marvel at your athleticism. Although we love to watch you play, we care little about your opinions until you offend us. You have the absolute right to express your opinion, but we have the absolute right to boycott you. We have tolerated your drug use and DUIs, your domestic violence, and your vulgar displays of wealth. We should be ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is right. But now you have gone too far. You have insulted our flag, our country, our soldiers, our police officers, and our veterans. You are living the American dream, yet you disparage our great country. I encourage all like minded Americans to boycott the NFL. National boycott of the NFL on Sunday, November 11, 2020 - on “Veterans Day“ Weekend. Boycott all football telecasts; all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American flag draped over their coffin.

Wanted to Share This Letter That Was Sent to Me
Ron
WILCO!

Never met the man, Buck. Sounds like a someone that would be very interesting to meet. The father of one of my friends was a Marine Gunnery Sergeant who was very much like that. Wherever there was a fight, he was there.
Ron
Had a next door neighbor like that. Recon Marine seargent, served two tours in Vietnam. Fearless and always ready to scrap,. esp. when drinking. I was killed in an accident at my Dads shop where I worked ,"pinned against an outside wall with a six wheel farm truck", my neighbor hobbelled across the street with one crutch and a broken ankle from a bar fight. Pushed my Dad out of the way and gave me CPR and brought me back to the living. Gods will. Afterwards, he really didn't want thanks or praise, it's just the way he was. Agent orange and cancer took him a few years later. But, he was something else.

Well you certainly have never seen a bunch of working stiffs watch old men play a youngsters game either. I assume you have watched the school kids play sports. I don't watch because of the disrespect for my flag and Country. Those guys are millionaires because owners want fans, winning teams, and mo money. I'd like to see team owners shut them down until the respect is back. As far as salaries, when I went for a position, I went for as much as I could get. If you're not satisfied with what you make, quit, and go someplace else. It's called a free economy. I f you're pissed off and down on the rich, try opening your own business and deal with all the bureaucracy.

Had a next door neighbor like that. Recon Marine seargent, served two tours in Vietnam. Fearless and always ready to scrap,. esp. when drinking. I was killed in an accident at my Dads shop where I worked ,"pinned against an outside wall with a six wheel farm truck", my neighbor hobbelled across the street with one crutch and a broken ankle from a bar fight. Pushed my Dad out of the way and gave me CPR and brought me back to the living. Gods will. Afterwards, he really didn't want thanks or praise, it's just the way he was. Agent orange and cancer took him a few years later. But, he was something else.

I lost a dear childhood friend to agent orange and it still hurts.

Well you certainly have never seen a bunch of working stiffs watch old men play a youngsters game either. I assume you have watched the school kids play sports. I don't watch because of the disrespect for my flag and Country. Those guys are millionaires because owners want fans, winning teams, and mo money. I'd like to see team owners shut them down until the respect is back. As far as salaries, when I went for a position, I went for as much as I could get. If you're not satisfied with what you make, quit, and go someplace else. It's called a free economy. I f you're pissed off and down on the rich, try opening your own business and deal with all the bureaucracy.

I'm long retired and glad of it!

I love watching football. Hate the politics in all of it. Including muzzleloader forums. I respect Ron's and the football players rights to express their opinions however.

Good O.P.. I have boycotted the NFL for the past 3 years due to Kaepernick and company. I was reading a while back before the riots that all the kneeling was going to stop. This was going to be the year I returned to watching. Well obviously that ain't gunna happen now. I have boycotted all pro sports now due to their alliance with groups like BLM and disrespect of our nation and our flag.
I thank God or Sunday hunting.

bobbythehunter, thank you for your always thoughtful comments.
I am thankful for the section of Frontier Muzzleloader that permits statements and discussions outside the theme of muzzleloaders. It gives the opportunity to raise issues associated with current national and world events. If I can be the instigator of a civil discussion about important issues of the day, then I am pleased. The fact is - I am not always correct and I can learn from the comments of the site members. Then again, I feel very strongly about other issues and will spend time and energy to research those topics to see if my opinions are supported by the available, verifiable information. And, I am not shy about sharing the information I find.
I also am cynical and trust NONE of the talking heads and bloggers that are so prevalent in recent years. My tolerance of the incessant lying and deceit that is part of the current political process is very low, no matter what side it comes from. It is a sad state of affairs.
Ron

I love watching football. Hate the politics in all of it. Including muzzleloader forums. I respect Ron's and the football players rights to express their opinions however.
That's fine to express your opinion. When it comes to disrespect for our flag, our Country, our military, our law enforcement, and our veterans, as a veteran, that's where I draw the line. The presence alone of these folks are the one's that keep the enemy off our shores. Unfortunately the real enemy is now in our government disguised as the Democrat Party and their terrorist groups: ANTIFA, BLM, Black Panthers, Soros, Gates, Buffet, Pelosi, Schumer, Biden, Harris, Schiff and the list of Communists goes on.

I also am cynical and trust NONE of the talking heads and bloggers that are so prevalent in recent years. My tolerance of the incessant lying and deceit that is part of the current political process is very low, no matter what side it comes from. It is a sad state of affairs.
Ron

Yeah, that sounds like me as well.

Back