new muzzleloader the Vortek

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is a darn nice rifle, especially the engraving but i darn sure would have to handle one in person and see how the quality is. The ramrod looks like crap as usual.

For the price they have them listed for on their site, you can buy a triumph. For the same price you might as buy an original instead of a knock off. That's JMO.

I agree about all these clones coming on the market and find it pretty amusing that you have some gun makers that slam TC guns in ads about price and some features yet they and other firms are copying their guns or ideas. Speed Breech, break open action, replaceable barrels, fluted barrels, etc..

I handled one at Bass Pro last week. Didn't seem like anything special to me.

I wish they would get over putting a glob of crap on the front of the trigger guard. 8)

Cajun said:
For the price they have them listed for on their site, you can buy a triumph. For the same price you might as buy an original instead of a knock off. That's JMO.

Your right , the first thing i noticed was it looked like a triumph . I really want to get my hands on a CVA Apex

Semisane said:
Why in the heck would you port a muzzle loader barrel?

sure would be a pain in the Butt to clean . I would not buy a ported muzzy !!

I handled one of these a couple weeks ago. It is a decent LOOKING muzzleloader, but for the front of the trigger guard and hammer. I too would opt for the T/C Triumph, without question.

There is no engraving, it is a stamp. The ramrod is reported to be solid aluminum. The biggest concern I would have with it for hunting is that rebounding hammer, it sticks out like a sore thumb. I can see this as a safety concern, and it being accidentally cocked when slung over your shoulder and walking through brush. I know it has the trigger safety, and the trigger is supposed to be pulled to make it fire, but that still would bother me. Just look at one, you will see what I mean.

Here is a little quick review I did a couple weeks ago of the Apex (.300 Win Mag), Vortek, Triumph Bone Collecter. That Apex rifle could be CVA's home run, but I would opt for the camo version for reasons mentioned in the review.

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB ... hp?t=13517

I see a lot of ML's I like but can't find a reason to replace my Encore.

Back