Something to consider ...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
Something to consider ... We are talking about making a nice variety of muzzleloading articles here, great.

This is a two fold subject:
<a href='/tags/1' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #1'>#1</a>). making a usual item and saving money.

<a href='/tags/2' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #2'>#2</a>). using our hands and brains as we grow older is the best benefit. In doing this we keep sharp (thinking) and using our hands (fingers) keeps them from having different problems in getting stiff or developing arthritis and experiencing joint pain.

Doc White founder of GRRW rifles is 82 years old, still practices 25 hours a week, hunts every muzzle loading season, fishes all the time and builds rifles for GRRW.CA. I asked him when do you slow down his reply "when you stop using what God gave you then you develop problems like stiffness, arthritis or joint pains are just a few."  This guy has been practicing medicine for over 60 years under fire in Nam to the oil fields of Alaska and Utah.

yep take a look at clint eastwood, he always has promoted eating health, raw veggies and moving around. You sit down on your ass and the weight piles on and then the real problems start to unfold.

Get up, move around and stay active.

The old man on the tv show Pawn Stars. I always fainted when he said he was 70! I thought he was in his 80s by the way he acted and looked. Hes gone now of course, but just sitting around all day eventually kills you.

I need a work out shirt that says "Recovering Fat Guy" 

I have been working hard for about 18 months at 'Moving.' Even with unexpected surgery this year, I feel better than I have in at least a decade. Move it or lose it is true. But, you can reclaim and/or maintain some of it if you get up and do. 

BP down. Cholesterol lower. I snore less. I deal with the heat better. I wear smaller clothes. I fit in airline seats more comfortably. I can stay active longer. I feel better. Totally worth it. I went from a 46 to a 38-40 waist. 
ac1_im10.jpg

My first ever run/walk marathon. This was 5 miles. This was last Sunday. I'll never be pretty, but while I was slow, I was not last. 
:cheers:

Getting Started: I got winded and dizzy on a flight of stairs before I started. Start slow. Start often. Repeat until you feel like doing more. You can do it. Make it part of your day. Get a buddy system going. This is easier with friends.)

Back