Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spotshot

Reaction score
I'm new to muzzle loading,and I just bought a TC Triumph any thoughts on this gun ,how about powders I was thinking about I think it's called blakhorn 209?any thoughts or help would be great.

Blackhorn is a good choice in your new Triumph. Mine shoots very well with 110gnv and just about any bullet I've put into it. The bore on these Triumphs are on the tight side so a mmp 24 sabot or a Harvester BCR and a .451 bullet seems to fit the ticket. I'm going with a .458 Remington HP and a orange mmp sabot. All of my ML'ers like that bullet. You're going to like your new rifle, most everybody that has a Triumph does.
Good luck.....Zen

Great rifle... and Blackhorn 209 is a excellent powder. Just remember to stay away from water products when shooting blackhorn. In fact a great solvent and bore treatment is made by Montana Xtreme. They sell a Cowboy Solvent that will remove BlackHorn 209 slick, and they also have a very good bore treatment and gun oil products. I have been using them, and while I do not push them, I will say.. they work, I use them.

spotshot

Excellent choice of a ML - it is a quality gun.

If you are new to ML shooting be sure and ask more question about accessories or anything else you might want to know. There are people on this forum that love to help and they are good.

Blackhorn is a great powder, it does have a bit of a learning curve as does any powder but it will work very well in your Triumph.

Both responses are right on the mark and I can not really add much more now.

Ask questions... ML shooting is adictive and a disease - thought i should warn you...

Back