Some new wood

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemihur

Reaction score
Still gotta sink a sling stud and fit the buttplate... I know it's not a muzzleloader but I could mount my Gonic GA-90 .45 cal and then it would be.
Herrett with figured wood.jpg

That's an interesting right-hand? smoker you got there gemihur. What kind of open sights did you mount on it?

Those are the sights that Fred Rodney (R.I.P.) designed and issued from his factory as it's new and never fired. Mounted on the frame only for your viewing pleasure.
Hooded front sight and windage and elevation adjustable rear. He was an important contribution to Thompson Center muzzleloading development prior to beginning Gonic Arms in New Hampshire with his son, Dale.
I have another 20" barrel that is scoped with 1.5-5x20 Weaver that I use for hunting.
Thanks,
Jimmy

Love those Contenders .This barrel is 22K Hornet also have a super 16 in barrel in 45/70 for this frame .Bottom pic is my hand gun with barrels.22 K Hornet Contender.jpgone of my contenders.jpg

Indeed, some serious shooting equipment!
Love the laminate furniture ... beautiful.
Thanks

That looks like a Williams WGRS with a blade insert instead of the peep for the rear sight. There is an arrow in the way so I can't see the front sight. 😄

~WH~

~WH~
Perhaps this will afford a better perspective.
Gonic Arms may well have used Williams as a supplier.... but the rear sight is hard black plastic. Although perfectly reproduced casting, I must say.
Still new with box and in unfired condition
GA-90 pics 16 in. sm.jpg

Gonic Arms may well have used Williams as a supplier.... but the rear sight is hard black plastic. Although perfectly reproduced casting, I must say.
Most interesting. The top view is definitely not any WGRS I have ever seen, with the front of the slide and the site base both rounded. Thanks for the photos!

~WH~

Same sights found on stainless GA-93 50 cal. although additionally on mine a 3-9 x 32 scope is utilized.
stock photo GA-93.JPG

Latest posts

Back