Some new casting gear

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
I got this for Christmas from my dad. A huge 10lber which will be perfect.

So to put it to good use, I ordered a new fancy looking dipper and a 395gr .50cal lyman plains bullet mold. Lewis sent me some last year to try out and my traditions really enjoyed the snug fitting .508" diameter conical with 70gr Pyrodex P.
81262238_10157213879447875_8191704429745930240_o.jpg

lyman-lead-dipper-2867790.jpg
lyman-1-cavity-bullet-mold-508656-50-caliber-508-diameter-395-grain-plains-bullet.jpg

melted down almost the full 53lbs of lead i bought last week! Its all in 1lb ingots now. My last run I started mixing the pure in with the lead i have thats slightly harder. I prefer a harder mix as it seems to shoot better in my rifles than pure.

melted down almost the full 53lbs of lead i bought last week! Its all in 1lb ingots now. My last run I started mixing the pure in with the lead i have thats slightly harder. I prefer a harder mix as it seems to shoot better in my rifles than pure.
Do you recall the B.H.N. for the lead you bought?

Its in the 7.5 range.

Ideal BHN Range 👍

Nice Setup you have there!! That Lyman Ladle is Setup for Right or Left Hand, See the Little Plug On opposite Side of the Handle? Undo that, Unscrew the Handle, Swap them Around 👍

That Lyman Plains Bullet Mold is TOP SHELF!! I would Put that Bullet up Against ANY of My Much Higher Dollar Custom Cut Molds, It Shoots EVERY Bit as Good as ANYTHING i have, that is 1 of My Favorites 👍 I have Both the 50 and 54 Lyman Plains Bullets in action on my YouTube Channel, They FLAT OUT SHOOT!!

Great set-up!! I finally found my lead since moving and building a new shop (nearly 3yr ago.....)

-Joe

Does anyone have interest in what I have here ? Haven't searched or the BHN value yet. I literally hundreds of pounds of this lead. Also some old linotype for the fast steppin CF boys. Nice to shoot .375 hard cast in my Weatherby 375 #1. Jackrabbit killer and easy on the shoulder. Out

Does anyone have interest in what I have here ? Haven't searched or the BHN value yet. I have literally hundreds of pounds of this lead. Also some old linotype for the fast steppin CF boys. Nice to shoot .375 hard cast in my Weatherby 375 #1. Jackrabbit killer and easy on the shoulder. Out
I don't think these came through, might be a rerun

Attachments

• P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    633 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    619.2 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back