First night out with my new Savage.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
I drive 15 minutes down the road to my new Hunting club. As you will see in the pic below it's closed to extend the range to 300yds.

663095f1.jpg

So i decide to drive north 45 minutes to my old hunting club. Nobody is there. :) I start off with 250grn XTP'S AND 42GRNS OF 5744. The first three shot group was like 20 inches. :? I mean 20 inches. :oops: So now i throw in the 260 DeadCenters and 42grns of 5744. That group is like 20 inches as well. Boy i'm pissed now. Now it's time to break out the 300grn XTP'S. Same thing, about a 20 inch group. :evil: :x I take the gun apart and cannot find anything wrong. After a little thinking, i decided to shoot open sights. I dont practice open sights , but here's a 3 shot group with the 260grn DeadCenters. ( Open Sights)

bc277123.jpg

Well now i find out my Bushnell Elite 3200 was made on a FRIDAY NIGHT. Boy am i mad. I just had got this Scope back from Bushnell a few weeks ago. It is getting mailed out Tuesday morning. We will find out how good there service is now.

Here are some pics below of my new Rifle. :)

4f46d483.jpg

sweet range Tom! Dont worry about Bushnell, their service is pretty good.. too bad so many have to use it! I had a bum 3200 too.. came back new :yeah: takes about 2 weeks

Great job with the Irons...

Your experience really lends credence to having QD rings. When all else fails, you ca always shoot the old fashioned way!

We will find out how good there service is now.

Unfortunately...I think you all ready have. Bushnell should have fixed it or replaced it the first time! Your customer service experience with Bushnell practically mirrors mine.

Your experience really lends credence to having QD rings.

Yes it really does! Grouse needs a back-up scope! :D

Probably a stupid question, but did you rule out the front scope ring screws being too long? I don't know if that could cause a 20" group or not.
Billy

Billy said:
Probably a stupid question, but did you rule out the front scope ring screws being too long? I don't know if that could cause a 20" group or not.
Billy

That's not a stupid question at all with a Savage. I fouled mine down already. :wink: :)

nice shootin with the open sites. If bushnells aren't working for you ,and you don't like leupolds, check out muellers. I recently got one and love it.

JD said:
nice shootin with the open sites. If bushnells aren't working for you ,and you don't like leupolds, check out muellers. I recently got one and love it.

I love Leupolds JD. My point to Big6x6 was i dont need a back up scope to a Leupold. You just cant go wrong with Leupold.

I just saw this was the 2nd trip for that scope! SHEEESH! :wall:

I'd be pissed!

Best company I have dealt with hands down has been Sightron.. very nice, fast, and above and beyond service !!!

Best companies I have dealt with are Leupold and Swift, both excellent.

I have not heard much bad about Swift - Except maybe they are heavy??
What is your take on Swift scopes?

What is your take on Swift scopes?

FOR THE MONEY....IMO they are certainly one of the best scopes out there. I have owned I'm sure over ten of them at one time. They are rated for use on spring air rifles and that says a LOT! My first muzzleloading scope EVER was a Swift 3-9X40. A REALLY good scope for the money. I still have that scope, BTW! If I were in the market for $100.00 scope, Swift would certainly be THE one!

Grouse's poor Bushnell must be suffering the "20 minutes of arc" failure syndrome. :?:

Latest posts

Back