What to do?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
With a pitted up Investarms .50cal percussion barrel? I got it in trade many many months ago and now i dont have anything to put it on.

I was thinking of carving out a pine stock for it and just shoot light plinking loads as the barrel is pitted pretty good.

Ahhhh just a thought! I dont have a pistol, maybe cut the barrel down to 8 or 9" and make a little pistol for fun.

How about -

A cannon? That could be fun. Make your deer stand into a fort!

Don't be too quick to throw them pitted rifles away. A friend GAVE me a Traditions Pioneer because he "forgot to clean" it for a year. He then later claims his nephew did it...

Anyway he called it junk. And it is an ugly cuss. But I lapped the barrel lightly, and now with 70 grains of 2f black powder and a roundball, this rifle is a real shooter. Its my loaner rifle for those that want to borrow a rifle.

I loaded it a couple years back though to a friend and he kept it four weeks after season. When he gave it back... he had not cleaned it either.
I cleaned it real good and it still shoots good, but there is one less person I need to load to.

Latest posts

Back