GPR Sight In

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yakfisher

Reaction score
I got to shoot my new rock lock today. I love it. It is a great rifle. It took four adjustments to get it on target at 25yards. The fifth and final shot was dead on up and down but a little to the left side of the bulls eye. I didn't have time to do any extensive load development today as we had guys that left to hunt the areas behind their makeshift range. My shots were at twenty-five yards off of shooting sticks while sitting down. The load was 85 gr ffg Swiss black powder, felt wonder wad, .010 shooting patch, .535 round ball and ffffg goex for the pan primer. I didn’t have any problems with the lock flash. I think using the peep sight helped out with that. With the RMC touch hole liner, the lock times seemed very fast. I didn't notice any delay in the shot going off. I had no ignition problems either. The gun is really fun to shoot, especially in front of an audience. I will do an extended range session later in the year. The goal today was to sight it in and achieve hunting accuracy. I also wanted to get comfortable with the rifle before I went hunting with it. It is supposed to rain Sat and Sun. I am hoping to get a break in the rain Sun afternoon so I can take the GPR on its first hunt. I really love the gun. With a bench rest, I believe the rifle has the potential of shooting holes that touch each other. Had a blast today shooting it today.It is supposed to rain Sat and Sun. I am hoping to get a break in the rain Sun afternoon so I can take the GPR on its first hunt. I really love the gun. With a bench rest, I believe the rifle has the potential of shooting holes that touch each other. Had a blast today shooting it.

I am really glad it worked so well for you.. Those flintlocks from Lyman have a good fast ignition. And it sounds like it is tuning in fast for you. Good luck hunting with it.

yakfisher,

Glad you enjoy your new Rock Lock, I hope to have "Virgina" style some day!...............in a 68-69 cal.

Love those large calibers.

Here is a pic of the target.

GPR_Sight_In1.JPG

Back