I really dont know if it's worth it anymore.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometime I will reveal the articulate butcherin procedures of gettin the most out of a Snappin Turtle.

Broomstick and a hatchet to start out here, IL.

Fried turtle IS a rare treat. :D

Turtle is great, Fried, baked, whatever, Hard to clean though Takes longer than a deer. When we were kids we used to get a quarter for a big one. When we go trout fishing we try to find one out of the crystal clear water there isn't much better eatin.
Redclub

Yeah...I remember that comversation there Grouse! :roll: Although I am into smokeless and well be even MORE soon, I see no reason to roll over and cry uncle! :shock: My Triple Se7en guns have served me VERY well so far. In fact, no rifle could have served me better! I figure I'll shoot them a while longer! :wink:

I had better luck catching (and butchering) the large softshell turtles around here. The largest one that I had hooked (but didn't land) couldn't fit in a 27" wide landing net......... Those you can butcher with just a thin fillet knife once they stop floppin' after they lose their head (that takes a few hours..... :wink: ) They don't have the all different types of meat that a snapper does, but they taste just as good fried! Hook and line with chicken gizzards worked just great!

big6x6 said:
Yeah...I remember that comversation there Grouse! :roll: Although I am into smokeless and well be even MORE soon, I see no reason to roll over and cry uncle! :shock: My Triple Se7en guns have served me VERY well so far. In fact, no rifle could have served me better! I figure I'll shoot them a while longer! :wink:

There are no final decisions yet. :wink:

You turtle eaters, skin this'n:

49wee_terapin.jpg

Awww heck, those littl' ones just get popped into the fryer jest like that. The shells get crunchy and the roughage is good for your digestive tract!
:lol:

Man, you guys sure know how to get ones stomach growling!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back