R-man - Mr. Striper!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doohan

Reaction score
A few shots from my Striper trip with Dwight... Not alot of fish caught, but a good time for sure!

DSC00544.jpg

Here is Dwight after I just asked him question # 20,000,000 .. He was a little tired! But, he answered them all! :lol:
DSC00547.jpg

Only thing missin JJ was the REAL PRO... MRS RIFLEMAN!!! Then some NICE STRIPERS SEEMS TO APPEAR!! :lol:

You got that right Loggy, I took her Dad this morning and nadda. BTW I got the minners you sent me today and they are real nice, thanks.

Rifleman,
I am wondering about the use of those planer boards. How much drift speed do you need to move those boards out 10 to 15 yards? Can you use a live shad with split shot bouncing on the bottom with planers? The depths I am fishing are 15 to 20 feet looking at your pics makes me wonder about using them for cats. When a fish gets hooked what happens to the planer, does it ride down to the hook as you reel in or do you have to remove it from the line?

Peteo, you can pull the planers to the side with a little forward motion, I wd say .5 mph would be enough. I can pull them out on the lowest speed on my electric trolling motor and that is about .5. When the fish hits it will either pull off the board or pull it down depending on size of fish. Any striper over 7 lbs yanks it off. I dont know abou the shad and split shot you would just have to try it. You can rig planers to release or stay on, or even tether them to a seperate line like the walleye boys do it. I like mine to release as they mark the school for me to make another run through.Rman

Back