Accura Cocking Spur.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HunterB4

Reaction score
I was curious if there were aftermarket cocking spurs in extended lengths for the Accuras? I bought a set of DuraSight medium height rings and bases which I thought would be fine, but the hammer sets a tad too close to the scope. So rather than buying another set of rings, I'd rather purchase a longer cocking spur approx. 1/8" longer? If all else fails I'll just machine my own at work. Thanks.

I have an accura but am using the provided spur.
I seem to remember that my TC extension would not fit my other cva's

I'll probably end up making one myself. The current setup works fine without gloves, but I'm sure I'll have problems when I get gloves on.

That's the way to do it.
Take care of the small problems now before they become big problems and cost you a game animal

post a pic when you get it done

Well, I definately have to do something now. I tried to remove the one that came installed in the gun when it arrived and it twisted off in the trigger. :evil:

Not sure why it would be loctite'd in there! But it definately has loctite on the treads. I've had a suspicion since it arrived that it was used! This just supports it. I'm tempted to take it to the local Cabelas here and try to exchange it.

Really? I don't have a clue because it came already installed when it arrived. Please let me know when you find out. Thanks.

Yes,they are reverse threaded
I found out the hard way on my Optima.
Didi good on the Accura though.

Guess I found out the hard way aswell. Oh well, we'll get her fixed up and looking a little different than every other camo, thumbhole Accura. :)

Back