I did! I got out to Shoot...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabotloader

Keep Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a Blast
Supporting member
Reaction score
Did not think I was going to make it out today and it was a great day... But about 3:00 this afternoon I had some time grabbed the 50 cal Renegade and headed to the farm.

At the ML shoot last Sunday I was having trouble with the 100 yard plus shots - i was a lot lower than I thought I should be. Any way got to the set the target board out at 100 yards, it a 2' square board - plenty big to shoot at. Well I loaded up and promptly shot the 2x4 base off the target - could not believe it... Took a second shot cause I thought the first one was a fluke - it was 2" higher but at least on the board.

By the time I got done - I tweaked the gun and it was shooting very well, raised the sight, moved the powder from 70 to 80 grains T7-2f and changed the patch from a .015 to .018 - lost the wad that i thught I needed and now I am a happy camper.... well at least til I shoot it again.

Wow!! good to hear ya got out to shoot...

Some of my best range sessions are the spur of the moment ones.

That sure is a lot of adjusting all at once. Amazing...
:)

Spitpatch

Spit, I have a real problem with the KISS principle - I am always tinkering... even in coaching I fall away from the 'Keep it simple stupid' principle cause the guy on the other side of the field is not doing his part and keeping it simple... you can see how that goes...

I'm glad at least you got to go shooting... I HOPE to either Monday or Tuesday!

Where are the pics? :twisted: :lol:

big6x6

Where are the pics?

When I finally figured out I had the time to get away - I just grabbed the essentials and beat feet to the truck... If I didn't get away quick something else would have come up.

AND - it is a good thing I did - it is Easter weekend here - so it is automatic RAIN - and it is raining

Which also reminds me I need to land line you...

sometimes its those quick out and shoots that seem most productive.. Glad you got to shoot.

Latest posts

Back