Difference between Encore 209X50 versus Triumph

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpcollins

Reaction score
I'm waiting to find a sale on the T/C Triumph and was searching the web and found the Encore 209x50 Magnum (#3965 stainless, #3971 blued) and they're only a few dollars more than the #6511 Triumph I'm wanting plus the 209x50 has the thumbhole composite stock.

Other than 1/2 pound heavier (and I really noticed the weight difference comparing the Triumph and Omega) and a 2" shorter barrel, is one better than the other or are they a toss up? Thanks.

The encore will allow you to install center fire barrels in place of the muzzle loader barrel. I think you will find that people have good results from both guns.

Like scalian said, the Encore is a modular firearm. It can be a muzzleloader, a centerfire rifle, a rimfire rifle, a shotgun, or a pistol. You keep the same receiver and swap out barrels and stocks/grips. The Triumph is pure muzzleloader. No optional barrels. It has been said quite a few times that the Triumph is the more accurate of the two.

Encore vs Triumph

On top of that i would get the stainless gun everytime. I beleive it holds up to the weather and hard use better. I like being able to switch shooting playforms for the type of game I am after rather than buying anew gun everytime.The Pro Huntewr fits ne perfectly which makes me a better shooter.

SWThomas said:
It has been said quite a few times that the Triumph is the more accurate of the two.

Based on what I just spent on a new scope, accuracy would be paramount in my decision between the two. Enough said, thanks.

tpcollins

Of course I am totally biased but - GOOD DECISION!!!!!

StockSwappingorig.jpg

The barrels for the Omega, Encore, and Triumpth are made the same the receiver platform is your choice.

The twist and remove breech plugs on the Endeavor and Triumpth models is the best feature on any ML rifle....no tools needed.

chocdog

Went to another dealer yesterday and handled both the Encore and the Triumph side by side. The Triumph wins hands down. That supposedly extra 1/2 pound with the Encore feels more like 2 or 3.

Come on Cabelas - you've got every model on sale except the one I want!

I have a stainless/ laminate encore that I bought because I thought I might buy different barrels for it, guess what- I havn't. My next one will be either the omega z7 or the green mtn 54 cal carbine, check them out before you buy that triumph! Both are around 400$

Back