Wet news paper test

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah that was pretty awesome. The exit hole was amazing and that still pic you posted above shows how soaked that paper was :lol: The next test i will see if i can find something thats longer and pack it full of news paper.

shame about your wheeler. Did you check the spark plug and see if it is not all fouled out? Also when was the last time you put some injector cleaner in that thing? When mine starts to bog out, that is normally the case.

That bottle really took a hit. I am surprised that the bullet lost that much weight.

I don't know why but after watching a stuffed bottle sitting on a rock for about 2 minutes before it got blasted... I laughed out loud. What does this mean? :D

:lol: i had run back and forth a few times and was winded. that barrel was bobbing up and down so i had to rest. Next time im sending my nephew up to hit the Record button and run back. It was a fun day though. Minus the wheeler breaking down. More things to fix tomorrow.

FG,

I used an old 5 gallon bucket packed with wet magazines and newspaper to test some Barnes bullets. That worked pretty good. I was able to pull the magazines out, find the bullet, and then slide them back in. I did have to use a reduced powder charge though. 120g was blowing right through it. 8)

What about trying Sauna tubes?

I don't know about the spelling but I saw some in back of a truck the other day. They use them for pouring cement footings, these were 10" or so in diameter and looked to be 6 feet long. I've used the 6" diameter tubes and they are super dense cardboard with some wax coating to make them water resistant. just a thought... :eek:

hey now thats an idea!! Home depot sells them for laying down cement pads. I'll have see what they run $$ wise. Maybe even a plasic pipe thats 8 - 10" diameter.

Back