Two does

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc67

Reaction score
My dad and I each were able to fill our muzzleloader antlerless permits Friday morning. It was cold and calm, a perfect morning to be in the woods. Nothing better than watching the woods wake up. Turkeys were making a heck of a racket just over the ridge from me. We each had a nice mature doe on the ground by 8:30. I shot mine about 8 and heard dad shoot while I was field dressing my deer. They weren't big bucks but it was still a great hunt. I try to appreciate each deer season more since my dad is getting older (65) and even though he's healthy as a horse right now I've come to realize he won't be around forever and next year is never a guarantee, for any of us.

We'll be out again in a few weeks for the late winter antlerless season.

Congrats to you and your Dad. We got to take some Does to control the populations. But they are a lot of Fun to hunt and Taste good too. It is great you get to hunt with your Dad. 8) I really enjoy getting to hunt with my nephew. Hunting with Family makes for some very fond memories.

ShawnT

Hang onto those moments. My dad wont hunt but I do hunt with a somewhat distant relation who is 75 years old now. He doesnt get out quite as much as he used to but I love sharing the time and stories with him.

8) :D :)

CONGRATS TO YOU AND DAD :!: Enjoy all those precious moments because we only can relive them in out mind after a while. Great partner you have there :!: :!:

Congrats on your Venison. You put it in a clear perspective. We never know which hunt will be our last, with a loved one.

Congratulations to you and your father. There is a lot more to hunting then the size of the deer. You have good memories and good eating ahead of you. way to go.

Latest posts

Back