Accura - First Time Out

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jatopa

Reaction score
Took the accura 50 cal. out for the first time. Pleasantly surprised. First shots on paper were touching. Adjusted scope then shot 5 shots at 80Gr bh209, 240 xtp mag. =1" at 50yds. Shot 5 more with 100Gr., 300 xtp mag= 3/4" at 50yds. Used blk sabot supplied with t/c xpt mag)Thought that they loaded really hard. How high should Isight it in for? Probably want dead on at 150yds. Also, any suggestions on best loads for this ML?
New to this so any info is appreciated.

Those Accuras seem to be great shooters. My bore was somewhat tight I thought for a CVA. A Thor .500 was dog gone tight in my gun. The .501- forget about it. My Accura likes the MMP black sabot with the XTPs. Good tight fit, what you want with BH209. I sight in 1 inch high at 100y usually covers me. Watch for Frontier Ganders posts- if it will go in an Accura hes probaly shot it.

jatopa said:
l............................. How high should Isight it in for? Probably want dead on at 150yds. Also, any suggestions on best loads for this ML?
New to this so any info is appreciated.

This is a chart calculated for my Accura. The load was 105g BH209, Harvester smooth sabot, and Federal 209A primer.

nosler.jpg

Your last load with the 300g xtp should fly similar to what is shown on the chart.

HPH-12
HPH-24

These are 2 of the Harvester sabots you need to order and try out. 100-120gr BH209 should get you to where you need to be. I pushed them with both sabots and 120gr Pyrodex RS. Both did great with the hornady xtp 300gr mag.

Gander I see in the Accura owner manual that it says a maximum of 100 gr. of loose powder. Do you have any problems shooting heavier charges like the 120 gr. like you mentioned.

No problems at all. I will sometimes go up to 150gr Loose RS with that 300gr xtp. CVA basically told me that they do their testing and find that its best to stick around 100gr because once you start going over that, you start blowing unburnt powder. With the Pellets, they are supposed to burn cleaner and you can get away with the 3 pellets. I plan on shooting my Accura soon with BH209 and i wont have no worry about 120 + / - bh209 loads.

Back