No more scope!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
The next time i shoot those 390gr PR conicals, im going open sights. I got a good size area on my forehead where my scope hit me when i fired off a round. SOB! i aint ever been hit that hard before. Good news though, the bullet hit dead on @ 20 yards. After that though, im going to ice it and relax :lol:

Any idea on how high i need to be at 20-25 yards with 100gr APP, 390gr PR ultimate conical?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Well Lumpy... how high it has to hit is hard to say. Maybe before you ice your head and take the scope off go out and try a couple more shots. Worse could happen, the scope might beat the lump flat...

Does it hurt? :D :D

hell yeah it hurts! :lol:

i look like one of those dudes off star trek that have 3 or 4 lumps between their eyes/ on their forehead.

i found some info on their website, the 400gr ultimate conical, 3" high @ 50 yards puts it 2.5" high @ 100 yards. I'll have to try 50 tomorrow and get it zeroed in.

Man what a headache :!:

well you got some new sights that should be there by wed. post some ics of that there lump we all could use a smile.

horsefly said:
well you got some new sights that should be there by wed. post some ics of that there lump we all could use a smile.

The swelling has gone down to the size of a pencil eraser LOL. I look forward to those sights! I am going to try them out with the PR conicals and get it sighted in.

Gee FG, I thought you were a tough mountain man. turns out your a little whiney girl. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just kiddin bud. I have done that myself and it does hurt like hell.
I will be sending those out tomorrow. :yeah: :yeah:

My ex's son cut his forehead on the front sight of my .44 mag once..lol
You have to hang onto them there guns...

I always hated shooting target with my slug gun. Ithaca 12ga Deerslayer with 20" barrel. Kicked like a crazed mule and I got more than one scope cut. My Omega loves me and would never bite.The shotgun just sits and collects dust.

Charlie :D

I did a bad thing once (many years ago). A girlfriend I was dating, had a 13 year old boy. Skinny little fellow. So I took him to hunters safety and he passed. And all he talked about was deer hunting and bird hunting. And how him and I were going to tear up the woods.

So for Christmas that year I bought him a New Englander (H&R) single shot break open 12 gauge shotgun. Anyone that ever shot one of them things knows what they feel like when they are fired.

Well he found a box of slugs in my gear and wanted to go shooting. I told him it was probably not a good idea. But HE INSISTED... and the girlfriend hounded me to do things with him. :twisted: So off we went.

I set a target up at 30 yards on a cardboard box for him. He was standing in knee deep powder snow. He loaded a slug in that thing... took aim and I was watching the target of course. He fired and hit just outside the bulls eye. When I looked over at him, he was making snow angels trying to get up.

I asked him how it was and he smiled and said great... can I do it again? I told him you bet! He shot all five slugs of course and some bird shot. We went home all happy, real bonding there... and when he took a shower that night, his whole shoulder was black and blue. Needless to say, the girlfriend was not happy. She called me that night and chewed me a new hole. But the kid was so proud of that shoulder, he could not wait to show his buddies.

Back