300yds shot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black powder

Reaction score
my biggest female yet ..nailed her at the edge of a cloverfield 300 yards away ..one bullet with my 300 wsm WINCHESTER180 gr. accubond . did not hit the shoulder but bullet went through her liver she walked for 30 ft. before dropping dead ..no meat loss ,and yes passed up on a big 8 pointer that was behind her ..[can't eat horns] and a female is what i wanted.

Dang that's a big girl!!! I wish like heck I could use a rifle here in Southern Md.Not many 300 yard shots here, but I have a Savage 99EG .308 that needs breaking in on aa nice fat doe like that! Bon Apetit!

No doubt that is a big Doe....a northern Canadian Doe always look like a cow Elk to us southern boys.

Chocdog

was your shot intended to be that low or was it a little further than what you thought?
She is a big one :yeah: :yeah:

I am surprised there is NO snow on the ground. Great shot at 300 yards.

How do you like the BOSS on your browning rifle?

Chocdog

OptimaAndy said:
was your shot intended to be that low or was it a little further than what you thought?
She is a big one :yeah: :yeah:

the shot is not low Andy that is a leaf on the lower part of the deer ..the shot is hidden behind my rifle stock in the middle of the deer. here is anouther picof the deer ...i stay away from the shoulder [liver shot]

choc-dog said:

Chocdog

like the accuracy but hate the noise

black powder said:
choc-dog said:

Chocdog

like the accuracy but hate the noise

I had a M-70 in 270 with the BOSS. I used the "CR" boss with-out the holes so I did not have to shoot at the range by myself. To many complaints on the noise.

Chocdog

Chocdog i also have the "CR" but have not used it yet ,i don't enjoy the recoil from the 300 wsm ..at the range we have 4 feet tunnels for the barrels and when we shoot the person beside us is not afected by the noise .

I see now. thats a good shot. Did you range your distance? I carry a range finder know matter if its bow season or gun season. That way i have no excuses other than i just pooched the shot.

yes ANDY range finder was used ....my partener shot his doe the same day at 350 yds ..ps. we spent a lot of time on the range and it seems to pay of ...

Latest posts

Back