Knight Super DISC .45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsteurrys

Reaction score
There is a Knight Super DISC .45 For Sale on GunBroker. It looks to be in good condition. The Super DISC .45 used a 1:20 twist instead of the much more common 1:30 which came out later. Has anyone had any luck getting a Super DISC .45 to shoot well? I believe Busta has the only one that I know of.

jsteurrys

White .451's are also 1/20 twist rate... the secret is that you need to shoot long bullets... Short .40 cal or .357's are to short to stabilize in a 1/20 unless you push the heck out of them...

Look at this picture and find the .451/460... look how long that bullet is..

bullshopBullets.jpg

Also the longer .40/200 grain lehigh and the longer copper barnes bullets should shot really well...

i got my superdisc off gunbroker nib for 100.00 best deal ever!!!shoots 200g sst's with supplied tan sabots over 100g vol. bh209 excellantly with the original disc + crossfire bp or the fpj conversion.still waiting to see how lehigh's non-fpj bp works as i would like to set it up non-fpj.i did pick up a box of .357 180g xtp's to try but it's bow season now :D :D ..karl

Latest posts

Back