boolets for the 504 ultra mag??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gray wolf

Reaction score
I was just wondering Doc makes a 45 Cal. sabot bullet for the 504 ultra mag. So what would happen if you shot a 480 Gr. .451 or 460 Gr. cast trash can in his long petal sabot? bullets are easy to come by and molds are to, like the volunteer and whit worth. Do you guy's think they would work for you. They could be sized .450, 451.or .452

They might work just fine. All you could do is try. Also make sure the sabot is made for the heavier kind of projectile.

I shoot a 405 grain .458 diameter out of mine with good results.

405 .458 so you are doing it I was thinking of docs sabots since he has them set up for that. break it down for me. Now don't get me wrong I don't have a 504 ultra mag stainless laminated stock. But if a guy had a really nice 480 grain 45 cal. mold it would be a shame to waste it. I would have thought that .458 would be to fat to go into the sabot?? I thought his boolets for the sabots were sized .450. I was also thinking of the length. Not having to much bullet stick out past the sabot so it wouldn't wobble.

G.w.

Gray wolf, go to MMP Sabots and look around a bit. There are many sizes, styles and colors - especially for .50 calibers.

Del makes an orange one that is sized to utilize a .457/.458 bullet in .50 caliber muzzleloaders. I'm sure that is what Cayugad is using.

Yes I am using an orange Knight Sabot made my MMP. I cast a pure lead 405 grain Flat Point projectile that shoots pretty good actually. It would be the same bullet a friend of mine shoots out of his 45/70 Government. I put 100 grains behind it, and the down range power is most impressive.

Latest posts

Back