Slip fit bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recoil is our friend! :lol: We also like to tinker a tad. :wink: You oughtta try Bullshop's 620gr'ers... :wink:

recoil w/ those heavy bullets still isnt bad at all, especially when youre using 60-70 grain powder charges. its a big push, but its not as sharp as a centerfire rifle. the super 91 with 500 grain bullets is still more comfortable to shoot than my .270. and i suspect its not any worse than lightweight bullets and heavy powder charges, say 120-150 grains 777 or pyrodex

Hey

Hey Bat..........BTW, that Super91 from BB is paid for and should be on it's way today or tomorrow. Thanks again.

I like shooting .177prb in my Knight Disc Extreme and get very thight grooping at 50 yards.Its true that I'm just breaking in the barrel but if the Knight perform as well as my Tradition 209 bolt,why change the receipe?

Black Bull said:
I like shooting .177prb in my Knight Disc Extreme and get very thight grooping at 50 yards.Its true that I'm just breaking in the barrel but if the Knight perform as well as my Tradition 209 bolt,why change the receipe?

i believe a lot of people still think that BIGGER is BETTER ..oh well , BIG is GOOD ..BUT ACCURACY IS EVERYTHING !!!!

.177 for a Daisy?

Yeah.... I know, but it sure seems to be a trend.

You guys that haven't tried the big slip-fit conicals in a proper rifle should hold off criticism until you have done so. Accuracy?

As far as accuracy goes, I think that first target of cayuga's speaks for itself.
As far as why shoot 'em, skamaniac's comment - "because I can." reminded me of a comment I heard many years ago from a PH in Africa who carried a 600 Nitro Express rifle. Someone asked him, "Why in the world would you use a 600 Nitro Express?"
His answer, "Because they don't make a 700." :lol:

Accuracy? Ever shoot one? :lol: Seems like alot of folks are buying the heck out of the Whites recently. And they are ALL amazed at the ease of loading and accuracy they're getting. There's a BUNCH of nice quality, accurate, and beautiful rifles out nowadays. The folks who WANT to shoot big conicals,,,choose the White Rifle. Best there is for that application. :wink:

Yes Sir!! I found out the hard way, but I finally saw the light ... er White! Seriously, if I had to choose between my Encore or the Super 91 the White would be my go to gun everytime. Thats my story and I'm stickin to it!! 8)

Does anyone make a 367/300 Super Slug (BC= .33). This is an experimental caliber. It will be very useful as it betters the ballistics of the much loved 38-55 of yesteryear.
The bore mike's .368 land-land,
With a groove depth of .375.
Twist is 1-14.
Bullet is cast weighing 300 gr. at .368 diameter, then is sized to .367.

Would be interested cast, lubed, sized bullets ready to be shot.

Thank you.

I have Doc's where he discusses this caliber and bullet but shows no picture of the bullet. Doc talks about how he originally took the Whitworth and Gould bullets that are both for the .458 caliber and sized them down to use in his muzzleloaders . I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he didn't do the same with .375 bullet and sized then to .367.

Attachments

• IMG_20210103_135353.jpg
    IMG_20210103_135353.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 2
Doc had at least 2 other experimental calibers that you don't usually hear about. The .330 bullet looks like a .338 built without the gas check and most likely sized down.

Attachments

• IMG_20210103_140000.jpg
    IMG_20210103_140000.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 2
Like anyone Doc needed to have a 50 caliber because its the most popular caliber with 45 being the 2nd. Unfortunately once you stray away from calibers people are most familiar with its hard to stir up enough interest to make them a profitable venture. Even after The White team beat the Knight team using their .367 you don't ever see them being manufactured for the general public.

Back